What am i doing wrong in calling this script? Urgent please. Thank You.

Miguel Dias Moura

Hi,

I just uploaded a web site and i am getting an error.

I have a script which sends form values to an email using AspNetEmail.
The script was working when i was calling the script like this:
<asp:Button ID="Finish" runat="server" OnClick="sendEmail">

However, in this new web site version, when the button is pressed, to scripts are supose to run.
So i replaced the button code with this:
<asp:Button ID="Finish" runat="server" OnClick="btnFinish_Click"

btnFinish_Click is as follows:
Sub btnFinish_Click( s As Object, e As EventArgs )
InsertFormValues.DoInit()
sendEmail()
End Sub

I get the following error:

"BC30455: Argument not specified for parameter 'e' of 'Private Sub sendEmail(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs)'."

in this line:

Line 136: sendEmail()

So i am calling the script in the wrong way.
I also tryied to call it just with "sendEmail".

The script starts with:
Private Sub sendEmail(sender as Object, e as System.EventArgs)

I really need to have this done tonight. Can you help me?

Thank You,
Miguel

P.S: Working with ASP.NET / VB

Ryan Ternier

Have you tried adding : handles Finish.Click to the end of your function
definition?

<asp:Button ID="Finish" runat="server" OnClick="btnFinish_Click"

btnFinish_Click is as follows:

Sub btnFinish_Click( s As Object, e As EventArgs ) handles Finish.click
InsertFormValues.DoInit()
sendEmail()
End Sub

[...]

I added what you told me and now i got this error:
BC30506: Handles clause requires a WithEvents variable.

What should i do?

Thanks,
Miguel

Marty U.

Miguel said:
[...]

It appears that your sendEmail is expecting the sender and e arguments.
Depending upon your sendEmail sub/function you may not need these
arguments or you can pass them to the sendEmail function as such
sendEmail(s,e), I think haven't tested but hopefully you get the idea.

Marty U.