What am I doing wrong installing Python 2.7.3?

Etherus

I have downloaded the windows installer for a 32 bit installation of python 2.7.3 but it tells me that:

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again, or enter an alternative path to a folder containing the installation package python 2.7.1 msi in the box below.

When I click OK I get:

The path C:\...\downloads\python -2.7.1 msi cannot be found. Verify that you have access to this location and try again or try to find the installation package python 2.7.1.msi in a folder from which you can install the product Python 2.7.1.

(what is it with the 2.7.1? rather than 2.7.3 also?)

By very grateful if someone could steer me in the right direction.

Tim Golden

I have downloaded the windows installer for a 32 bit installation of
python 2.7.3 but it tells me that:

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is
unavailable.

Click OK to try again, or enter an alternative path to a folder
containing the installation package python 2.7.1 msi in the box
below.

When I click OK I get:

The path C:\...\downloads\python -2.7.1 msi cannot be found. Verify
that you have access to this location and try again or try to find
the installation package python 2.7.1.msi in a folder from which you
can install the product Python 2.7.1.

(what is it with the 2.7.1? rather than 2.7.3 also?)

By very grateful if someone could steer me in the right direction.

I've known that (kind of thing) happen before when trying to *uninstall*
a version when the .msi was no longer available. That, combined with the
2.7.1/2.7.3 confusion makes me wonder whether you have an existing 2.7.1
installation from some source?

TJG