    The path C:\...\downloads\python -2.7.1 msi cannot be found. Verify that you have access to this location and try again or try to find the installation package python 2.7.1.msi in a folder from which you can install the product Python 2.7.1.

    (what is it with the 2.7.1? rather than 2.7.3 also?)

    By very grateful if someone could steer me in the right direction.

    Etherus, Feb 21, 2013

  2. Etherus

    Tim Golden Guest

    On 21/02/2013 14:39, Etherus wrote:
    > I have downloaded the windows installer for a 32 bit installation of
    > python 2.7.3 but it tells me that:
    >
    > The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is
    > unavailable.
    >
    > Click OK to try again, or enter an alternative path to a folder
    > containing the installation package python 2.7.1 msi in the box
    > below.
    >
    > When I click OK I get:
    >
    > The path C:\...\downloads\python -2.7.1 msi cannot be found. Verify
    > that you have access to this location and try again or try to find
    > the installation package python 2.7.1.msi in a folder from which you
    > can install the product Python 2.7.1.
    >

    > (what is it with the 2.7.1? rather than 2.7.3 also?)
    >
    > By very grateful if someone could steer me in the right direction.

    I've known that (kind of thing) happen before when trying to *uninstall*
    a version when the .msi was no longer available. That, combined with the
    2.7.1/2.7.3 confusion makes me wonder whether you have an existing 2.7.1
    installation from some source?

    TJG

    Tim Golden, Feb 21, 2013

  3. I assume you have admin privileges on your computer, correct?

    Michael Herman, Feb 21, 2013