    obvious) error?

    tia
    ---Michael
    Michael Satterwhite, Mar 25, 2005

  2. Michael Satterwhite

    Oli Filth Guest

    Oli Filth, Mar 25, 2005

  3. Michael Satterwhite wrote:
    > I have a page at
    >
    > www.weblore.com/newpage/index.php
    >
    > There is a graphic that you will see offset down from the banner
    > space. I've tried to position it directly beneath the banner.

    You have tables nested three-deep. Anything could happen, depending on
    the browser used. Your page looks like a simple two-column with
    banner, such as this one:
    http://www.benmeadowcroft.com/webdev/csstemplates/left-column.html

    Notice the simplicity in the source.

    > Would one of the experts here be so kind as to point out my
    > (probably obvious) error?

    Before validating, as Oli suggested, add a proper doctype, preferably
    4.01 Strict.
    http://www.w3.org/QA/2002/04/valid-dtd-list.html

    You might want to rethink the bullet point "Web Site Development"
    until you learn more. <g>

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 25, 2005
  4. Michael Satterwhite wrote:
    > I have a page at
    > www.weblore.com/newpage/index.php
    > There is a graphic that you will see offset down from the banner

    space. I've
    > tried to position it directly beneath the banner.

    >From your site:

    "We have over 30 years experience in computer technology. Our work
    history includes essentially everything from large scale mainframes
    through the latest in desktop computing. We've assisted in Oil & Gas,
    Engineering, Financial, and Small Business Solutions. We are prepared
    to meet your needs!"

    Obviously not so prepaired.

    Ok, I'm sorry.

    Validate and you will find some answers. Also lose the tables for the
    design. You can do this all much simpler with css. Your future
    clients wll be hapier too.

    --
    -=tn=-
    Travis Newbury, Mar 26, 2005