What am I missing?

Michael Satterwhite

I have a page at

www.weblore.com/newpage/index.php

There is a graphic that you will see offset down from the banner space. I've
tried to position it directly beneath the banner.

Would one of the experts here be so kind as to point out my (probably
obvious) error?

tia
---Michael

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Michael said:
I have a page at

www.weblore.com/newpage/index.php

There is a graphic that you will see offset down from the banner
space. I've tried to position it directly beneath the banner.

You have tables nested three-deep. Anything could happen, depending on
the browser used. Your page looks like a simple two-column with
banner, such as this one:
http://www.benmeadowcroft.com/webdev/csstemplates/left-column.html

Notice the simplicity in the source.
Would one of the experts here be so kind as to point out my
(probably obvious) error?

Before validating, as Oli suggested, add a proper doctype, preferably
4.01 Strict.
http://www.w3.org/QA/2002/04/valid-dtd-list.html

You might want to rethink the bullet point "Web Site Development"
until you learn more. <g>

Travis Newbury

Michael said:
I have a page at
www.weblore.com/newpage/index.php
There is a graphic that you will see offset down from the banner space. I've
tried to position it directly beneath the banner.
From your site:
"We have over 30 years experience in computer technology. Our work
history includes essentially everything from large scale mainframes
through the latest in desktop computing. We've assisted in Oil & Gas,
Engineering, Financial, and Small Business Solutions. We are prepared
to meet your needs!"

Obviously not so prepaired.

Ok, I'm sorry.

Validate and you will find some answers. Also lose the tables for the
design. You can do this all much simpler with css. Your future
clients wll be hapier too.