What are functions provided by the compiler in a class?

Discussion in 'C++' started by Sunil Varma, Aug 2, 2006.

  1. Sunil Varma

    Sunil Varma Guest

    Hi,

    Can you give me the list of functions that are supplied by the compiler
    in a class?

    To my knowledge the following are supplied,

    Default Constructor,
    Copy Constructor,
    Destructor,
    Overloaded Assignment Operator.

    Apart from the above there are two more functions which are supplied it
    seems, can anyone figure them out.

    Thanks in advance.

    Regards

    Sunil Varma, Aug 2, 2006

  2. Sunil Varma wrote:
    > Can you give me the list of functions that are supplied by the
    > compiler in a class?

    What does your C++ textbook say?

    > To my knowledge the following are supplied,
    >
    > Default Constructor,
    > Copy Constructor,
    > Destructor,
    > Overloaded Assignment Operator.

    It's called a "copy assignment operator".

    > Apart from the above there are two more functions which are supplied
    > it seems, can anyone figure them out.

    "It seems"? From what does it seem so?

    Victor Bazarov, Aug 2, 2006

  3. Sunil Varma

    Sunil Varma Guest

    I was told by one of my friends that there are totally six functions
    that will be provided by the compiler, by default.
    But I could list out only four of them.
    He asked me find out myself.

    Sunil Varma, Aug 2, 2006
  4. Sunil Varma wrote:
    > I was told by one of my friends that there are totally six functions
    > that will be provided by the compiler, by default.
    > But I could list out only four of them.
    > He asked me find out myself.

    (a) Don't top-post

    (b) Tell your "friend" to either share the "knowledge" with you or stuff it.

    Victor Bazarov, Aug 2, 2006