    understand. What are some good books and software that i will need in
    order to learn C++?
    , Apr 27, 2006

  2. invisal Guest

    You might try "Beginning C++ Game Programming".

    From
    Visal .In
    invisal, Apr 27, 2006

  3. lallous Guest

    Hello

    Try the Deitel and Deitel series, IMHO they are good starters, and are
    written in an academic style.

    --
    Elias

    lallous, Apr 27, 2006
  4. Timothee Groleau, Apr 27, 2006

    wrote:
    > I want to learn C++. I already know a decent amount of web programming
    > and have tried many books but all of them including the ones that say
    > beginning or beginners all require expert knowledge or are hard to
    > understand. What are some good books and software that i will need in
    > order to learn C++?

    Accelerated C++, highly recommended. Not just by me, but also by ACCU.
    (www.accu.org - they've got a big archive of book reviews)

    HTH,
    Michiel Salters
    , Apr 27, 2006
  6. invisal Guest

    I agree with lallous, Deitel Series is good book too. I also have it
    too. Nice colour book many examples, exercises, and tips. Highly
    recommended.
    invisal, Apr 27, 2006
  7. mlimber Guest

    wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > I want to learn C++. I already know a decent amount of web programming
    > > and have tried many books but all of them including the ones that say
    > > beginning or beginners all require expert knowledge or are hard to
    > > understand. What are some good books and software that i will need in
    > > order to learn C++?

    > Accelerated C++, highly recommended. Not just by me, but also by ACCU.
    > (www.accu.org - they've got a big archive of book reviews)
    >
    > HTH,
    > Michiel Salters

    I concur with Michiel. _Accelerated C++_ is *the* best introduction for
    doing C++ well, and it starts from the ground up. I think it is much
    better than Deitel & Deitel.

    Cheers! --M
    mlimber, Apr 27, 2006
  8. Marcus Kwok Guest

    invisal <> wrote:
    > I agree with lallous, Deitel Series is good book too. I also have it
    > too. Nice colour book many examples, exercises, and tips. Highly
    > recommended.

    It depends which Deitel books you are talking about:

    http://accu.org/index.php/book_reviews?url=search.xqy?x&term=deitel

    Some are recommended but some are not recommended.

    Many people highly recommend "Accelerated C++" by Koenig and Moo.

    --
    Marcus Kwok
    Replace 'invalid' with 'net' to reply
    Marcus Kwok, Apr 27, 2006