what are .PDB files?

SStory

What are .PDB files?
Should I upload it with my dll into the bin directory?

Thanks,

Shane

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Those are debug files. They aren't needed in a production environment.

Scott M.

They are debugging files that are created when you build your application in
"Debug" mode. Be sure to build in "Release" mode when you are ready to take
the assembly to production.

SStory

Thanks.. figured that out right after asking when I was reading in
web.config.

thanks again.

George Durzi

and also be sure to set debug to false under compilation in web.config.
Switching your application to release mode in the IDE, doesn't automatically
set it in web.config

<system.web><compilation defaultLanguage="c#" debug="false" /> ....

SStory

yeah that is what was confusing me. Copy project copies it even though I
compiled in release mode.

Thanks,