    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\...my
    solution\..

    Do you know what they are:
    AAaron123, Nov 4, 2008

  2. AAaron123

    dotNetDave Guest

    Easy, they are the compiled (machine code) of your asp.net files like ASPX,
    ASMX etc. Why ASP.NET is so fast is because all server files are compiled! So
    the cool things is that you can still modify just the ASPX file, move it to
    the server, and the next time it's called, it will be compiled and served up
    to the user.

    But durrting development, you might run into version issues. To fix it,
    simply go to your projects temporary directory and delete all the files.

    Very cool!

    David

    ======================================
    David McCarter [Microsoft MVP]
    www.dotNetTips.com
    David McCarter''''s .NET Coding Standards available at:
    http://www.cafepress.com/geekmusicart.1654787045

    dotNetDave, Nov 4, 2008

  3. AAaron123

    AAaron123 Guest

    I see that most of the stuff in the folder below relates to dead projects
    and tests.
    I'm only working on one solution.
    A couple of items in there I don't recognize so I wonder:
    Can I safely delete everything in the folder?

    It will just get recompiled if it is needed, Right?

    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\

    Thanks

    AAaron123, Nov 4, 2008
  4. AAaron123

    AAaron123 Guest