What are the possible reasons for this error?

Guest

Hello, friends, help please:

Deployed a web app, (it worked fine in IDE). The first page displayed
correctly. Then when I clicked Submit to go to the second page, I got errors:

The page you are looking for cannot be displayed because the page address is
incorrect.

HTTP 405 - Resource not allowed
Internet Information Services

In the Page_Load() of the first page, I had:

if (this.IsPostBack)
{
Server.Transfer("SecondPage.aspx");

It was so simple, there should be no error, it should go to the second page?

Any ideas? Thanks a lot.

Kevin Spencer

Is the page address correct?

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
You can lead a fish to a bicycle,
but you can't make it stink.

Guest

Try instead of Server.Transfer, use Response.Redirect("pagename.aspx");
and if the second page is in any other folder than the first page specify
the folder name before the pagename

Try to specify the pagename directly in the address bar and check if can
access.

Raj