    aling Guest

    What are top-down and bottom-up approach in C++ design? How do you
    usually use them?

    aling, Oct 29, 2005

  2. aling

    Guest

    Top-Down or Bottom-Up design are not related specifically to C++.
    C++ is a programming language, not design lanuage.

    You can implement design in c++, pascal, java etc.

    anyway, you sould try google before asking such questions here.

    , Oct 29, 2005

  3. aling

    osmium Guest

    "aling" writes:

    > What are top-down and bottom-up approach in C++ design? How do you
    > usually use them?

    Here is a fairly good description.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-down_and_bottom-up_design

    I do it both ways, I couldn't really explain why or how I choose one or the
    other. If it is something where I have absolutely no prior knowledge, I
    think it is necessary to do a least a bit of top down thinking first.

    osmium, Oct 29, 2005