What C++ beautifier do you use?

Discussion in 'C++' started by Victor Bazarov, Feb 25, 2005.

  1. "Zhou Lei" <> wrote...
    > GNU Indent is a powerful beautifier for C, and I'm using astyle to do that
    > for
    > C++. But it's not perfect, anyone knows a free tool in Linux? Thanks.

    A Linux newsgroup can be just as good a place to ask or even better.
    Try comp.os.linux.development.apps next time.
    Victor Bazarov, Feb 25, 2005

  2. Zhou Lei wrote:
    > GNU Indent is a powerful beautifier for C, and I'm using astyle to do that for
    > C++. But it's not perfect, anyone knows a free tool in Linux? Thanks.

    I agree with the other post, but there are several options. My favourite
    as a plain editor is kate because it also has an integrated shell
    meaning you don't have to switch between editor and shell all the time.

    You will probably have to tell kate to indent the way you like to
    indent, tell it to use spaces etc. or whatever your personal preferences
    are.

    Lionel.
    Lionel van den Berg, Feb 25, 2005

  3. Victor Bazarov

    Zhou Lei Guest

    Zhou Lei, Feb 25, 2005
  4. Victor Bazarov

    snnn Guest

    Lionel van den Berg <> writes:
    >My favourite as a plain editor is kate

    I like emacs,^_^

    >because it also has an integrated shell meaning you don't have
    >to switch between editor and shell all the time.

    yes,emacs also.To do that,simply press Alt+x

    >You will probably have to tell kate to indent the way you like to
    >indent, tell it to use spaces etc. or whatever your personal
    >preferences are.

    ^_^,just press TAB is ok,under emacs,or Alt+\,for indent selected
    region
    snnn, Feb 25, 2005
  5. Victor Bazarov

    Zhou Lei Guest

    Thank you I love GNU EMACS and I'm using it but I don't know whether there is
    some .el extension so I can insert a space between operands and operators. I'll
    post the question on other places, thank you all.
    Zhou Lei, Feb 25, 2005
  6. snnn wrote:
    > I like emacs,^_^

    Sure, emacs is fine, I just never bothered to spend the time learning
    all the keys to navigate around it. If I was going to use emacs it would
    be xemacs. When I was playing with it at one stage I found xemacs had
    some more features though this was a few years ago and I can't remember
    what they were :). For a newbie, unless you are prepared to sit down and
    do some memorising I wouldn't suggest it.

    Lionel.
    Lionel van den Berg, Feb 27, 2005
  7. Victor Bazarov

    Ira Baxter Guest