What C++ beautifier do you use?

Victor Bazarov

Zhou Lei said:
GNU Indent is a powerful beautifier for C, and I'm using astyle to do that
for
C++. But it's not perfect, anyone knows a free tool in Linux? Thanks.

A Linux newsgroup can be just as good a place to ask or even better.
Try comp.os.linux.development.apps next time.

Lionel van den Berg

Zhou said:
GNU Indent is a powerful beautifier for C, and I'm using astyle to do that for
C++. But it's not perfect, anyone knows a free tool in Linux? Thanks.

I agree with the other post, but there are several options. My favourite
as a plain editor is kate because it also has an integrated shell
meaning you don't have to switch between editor and shell all the time.

You will probably have to tell kate to indent the way you like to
indent, tell it to use spaces etc. or whatever your personal preferences
are.

Lionel.

Zhou Lei

GNU Indent is a powerful beautifier for C, and I'm using astyle to do that for
C++. But it's not perfect, anyone knows a free tool in Linux? Thanks.

snnn

Lionel van den Berg said:
My favourite as a plain editor is kate

I like emacs,^_^

because it also has an integrated shell meaning you don't have
to switch between editor and shell all the time.

yes,emacs also.To do that,simply press Alt+x
You will probably have to tell kate to indent the way you like to
indent, tell it to use spaces etc. or whatever your personal
preferences are.

^_^,just press TAB is ok,under emacs,or Alt+\,for indent selected
region

Zhou Lei

Thank you I love GNU EMACS and I'm using it but I don't know whether there is
some .el extension so I can insert a space between operands and operators. I'll
post the question on other places, thank you all.

Lionel van den Berg

snnn said:
I like emacs,^_^

Sure, emacs is fine, I just never bothered to spend the time learning
all the keys to navigate around it. If I was going to use emacs it would
be xemacs. When I was playing with it at one stage I found xemacs had
some more features though this was a few years ago and I can't remember
what they were :). For a newbie, unless you are prepared to sit down and
do some memorising I wouldn't suggest it.

Lionel.