What Causes the Page Load Delay

Wayne Wengert

With most web sites I build that include aspx pages, when the user loads the
first aspx page there is a noticeable delay (15 - 30 sec) before it is
completely loaded. What causes this. I thought it might be loading the
framework but it happens on systems where I know the framework is loaded.

TIA

Wayne

Lucas Tam

With most web sites I build that include aspx pages, when the user
loads the first aspx page there is a noticeable delay (15 - 30 sec)
before it is completely loaded. What causes this. I thought it might
be loading the framework but it happens on systems where I know the
framework is loaded.

It is the framework, but the framework resides on the server.

..NET needs to cache the page before its run. Maybe it expired from the GAC?

Brock Allen

1) the worker process needs to load
2) the AppDomain needs to get created and initialized
3) ASPX parser needs to run if it hasn't yet from a previous run
4) assemblies for the pages need to get loaded
5) .NET JITing all around

It's a fact of life, but once these are done, then it's fast thereafter.

Wayne Wengert

Thanks for the responses guys. I guess I'll just learn to live with it.

Wayne