    framework but it happens on systems where I know the framework is loaded.

    TIA

    Wayne

    Wayne Wengert, Mar 31, 2005

  2. Wayne  Wengert

    Lucas Tam Guest

    "Wayne Wengert" <> wrote in
    news::

    > With most web sites I build that include aspx pages, when the user
    > loads the first aspx page there is a noticeable delay (15 - 30 sec)
    > before it is completely loaded. What causes this. I thought it might
    > be loading the framework but it happens on systems where I know the
    > framework is loaded.

    It is the framework, but the framework resides on the server.

    ..NET needs to cache the page before its run. Maybe it expired from the GAC?

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Lucas Tam, Mar 31, 2005

  3. Wayne  Wengert

    Brock Allen Guest

    1) the worker process needs to load
    2) the AppDomain needs to get created and initialized
    3) ASPX parser needs to run if it hasn't yet from a previous run
    4) assemblies for the pages need to get loaded
    5) .NET JITing all around

    It's a fact of life, but once these are done, then it's fast thereafter.

    -Brock
    DevelopMentor
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen

    Brock Allen, Mar 31, 2005
  4. Thanks for the responses guys. I guess I'll just learn to live with it.

    Wayne

    Wayne Wengert, Mar 31, 2005