  1. When signing in using the following generated password:

    +$cSB;!"q<y^I recieve the following error:A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (ctl00$cphContent$txtPassword="+$cSB;!"q<y^").System.Web.HttpRequestValidationException

    What characters am I allowed to include in a value that will be generated and submitted in a TextBox? When I generate something simple (such as "testing" or "abc123") it gets submitted with no problem at all, so I need to know what characters will cause this problem so that I can modify my function for generating the String. Can anyone help me? Thanks.
    Nathan Sokalski, Jul 23, 2008

  2. Nathan Sokalski

    bruce barker Guest

    depends on if you have validate request on (default). if you do then
    asp.net is checking for injection attacks. ms does not document the list
    but it "<" & "&#" combinations (probably also quotes). the list gets
    updated as new attacks are found.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Jul 24, 2008

  3. Nathan Sokalski

    Lalit Guest

    Hi,

    Your probleme is "< " characters. Please check it.

    Thanks lalit
    Lalit, Jul 28, 2008