What chr() is the password making dot?

MattB

Just wondering if someone knows offhand, what ASCII code that is to make
that dot that is used to mask passwords in password fields. Seems like
someone here would know off the top of their head.
TIA!

Matt

Scott M.

We don't need to know off the top of our heads because a textbox can be made
into a password box by simply changing its TextMode.

To find out what char the asterisk * is, why not just use the Ask("*")
function and see what comes back?

MattB

Well, I need to know how to make one in a regular text box. It's a credit
card entry box, and the user can choose to use a card on file if they have
one. So I'm not just displaying credit card numbers, I want to mask all but
the last few digits with those characters in the box. I'm using asterisks
for now, but I think it would look better to use the password masking
character. I've tried to copy them from a password box but that doesn't seem
to work.

Matt

Guest

The dot in IE is not ASCII, but Unicode. Normal mask for ASCII is 42, which
is an asterisk.

Here is the ASCII chart, using
for(int i=1;i<256;i++)
{