    The Subject says its all.

    java.util.Calendar and java.util.GreGorianCalendar
    can let me find out New Moon, Full Moon.
    RC, Sep 30, 2003

  2. RC

    Paul Lutus Guest

    RC wrote:

    > The Subject says its all.
    >
    > java.util.Calendar and java.util.GreGorianCalendar
    > can let me find out New Moon, Full Moon.

    No getting around it. YOu'll have to write some code. Do not cross-post
    without a reason.

    --
    Paul Lutus
    http://www.arachnoid.com
    Paul Lutus, Sep 30, 2003

  3. RC

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 10:14:55 -0400, RC <> wrote
    or quoted :

    >java.util.Calendar and java.util.GreGorianCalendar
    >can let me find out New Moon, Full Moon.

    the code for easter is at http://mindprod.com/holidays.html

    Try googling for naval observatory new moon full moon. Years ago they
    put out a set of polynomials for computing the positions of planets
    and the moon.

    Another possibility is to look into the Islamic lunar calendar.
    Perhaps code for that could give you what you need.

    I would be prepared to research this for you and either find the code
    or write it for $75 US.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Oct 2, 2003
  4. RC

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 10:14:55 -0400, RC <> wrote
    or quoted :

    >The Subject says its all.

    FWIW, The Indian/Hindu calendar doesn't use 30 day months either.

    > Low on my list of to dos is to find some code that
    > calculates the phases of the moon. I would use it in the
    > HolidayCalculator to calculate Chinese New Year, and write a simple
    > calendar generator program you could fancy up that shows all the
    > holidays and moon phases for any year in the future.

    This is a repost of something someone posted in 2002 Feb.

    Phases of the moon can be found at:
    http://www.lunaroutreach.org/phases/phases.cgi

    Some other calendars in Java can be found at:
    http://www.alphaWorks.ibm.com/tech/calendars

    Lots of calendars in C can be found at:
    http://www.rdbooks.com/store/products/rd2735.htm

    If you want to do the Chinese (or Hindu) Calendar correctly then talk
    to this
    guy: http://www.math.nus.edu.sg/aslaksen/calendar/chinese.shtml
    See particularly the page (and PDF paper) that talks about the
    Chinese New Year Calculation:
    http://www.math.nus.edu.sg/aslaksen/calendar/chinese.shtml#CNY

    To test your date conversions try, either:
    http://web.meson.org/calendars/
    or
    http://emr.cs.uiuc.edu/home/reingold/calendar-book/java/applet/display.html
    which comes from the book: