what code should be inside paint()

Discussion in 'Java' started by Madhur Ahuja, Aug 10, 2004.

  1. Madhur Ahuja

    Madhur Ahuja Guest

    Hello
    I have developed a Java Applet which contains swing buttons. The structure
    of code is
    as follows :

    public class game extends Applet implements ActionListener
    {
    JButton x[][]=new JButton[3][3];

    Button reset,start;
    ImageIcon not,cross;

    public void init()
    {

    for(int i=0;i<3;++i)
    {

    for(int j=0;j<3;++j)
    {
    x[j]=new JButton("");
    x[j].setEnabled(false);
    x[j].setVisible(true);
    add(x[j]);

    x[j].setLocation(50+j*100,20+i*100);
    x[j].setSize(40,40);

    x[j].addActionListener(this);

    doLayout();

    There are some problems with this applet :
    1) First the when the applet starts, the buttons are not displayed although
    I have set them explicitly
    to setvisible in init().

    2) Whenever a message box is displayed in the Applet, the buttons are not
    redrawn, i.e. they loose
    their visibility.

    I think, to solve these problems I have to put some code in paint() method,
    although I have no idea
    what to put.
    I am also confused about, which code should come in init() and what should
    come in the constructor
    of the applet. Is their any rule of thumb, like initialization code should
    come in init() etc.

    --
    Winners dont do different things, they do things differently.

    Madhur Ahuja
    India

    Homepage : http://madhur.netfirms.com

    Madhur Ahuja, Aug 10, 2004

  2. On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:54:46 +0530, Madhur Ahuja wrote:

    > I have developed a Java Applet which contains swing button..

    There is no (obvious) good reason for your
    AWT Applet to contain Swing buttons, it is
    advisable to use one or the other.
    <http://www.physci.org/guifaq.jsp#2.4>

    GUI questions are usually discussed on c.l.j.gui
    <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#cljg>

    But statements you have made, make me
    think the best group for the moment is..
    On c.l.j.h., people devote more time to
    explaining the basics of Java.

    See you over there?

    --