What do I need to know in order to write a web application in python?

Grant Edwards

Visual Python seems to be exactly what I want. But it doesn't seem
very popular. Perhaps it means that there are not many people who will
be able to help if I have problems with it. Also judging by the amount
of ads at visualpython.org, it also doesn't seem very serious.

I looked into pyGTK, and I found something called "Glade", which seems
to be something similar to visual python. The latest version of Glade
was released just this month, so it seems to be actively developed.

Regarding Boa constructor, it is very old, isn't it? The latest news
from this project date to the end of 2006. I don't expect it to
support python 3 any time soon.

So, "Glade", is this what everybody uses? I mean programmers don't
just use text editors to make GUI applications, do they?

I've been doing (mostly smallish) GUI programs on and off for 20
years, and that's all I've ever used. I tried the point-and-grunt
method a couple and found it to be time consuming and the results
to be bad (resizing never worked right).