    TS Guest

    does it do a reponse.end or something?

    thanks

    TS, Jun 2, 2006

  2. TS

    Brock Allen Guest

    They don't stop processing at all; button clicks and other server side events
    for normalls. Check Page.IsValid to see if validation failed.

    -Brock
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen

    Brock Allen, Jun 3, 2006

  3. TS

    Brock Allen Guest

    Ugg, that meant to read:

    They don't stop processing at all; button clicks and other server side events
    fire normally. Check Page.IsValid to see if validation failed.

    Brock Allen, Jun 3, 2006
  4. Thanks for Brock's informative inputs.

    Hi TS,

    The ASP.NET validation control's server-side valiation won't interrupt the
    ASP.NET page request's processing. Actually the server-side validation
    occurs after Page_Load and before the page's postback event get processing.
    Generally, if we care about the validation result, we should
    programmatically check the Page.IsValid property and adjust the codelogic
    in event handler. Here is a good msdn article discusses on ASP.NET

    #ASP.NET Validation in Depth
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/aspplusvalid.asp?frame=t
    rue

    Hope this helps.