    mochikit
    prototype
    or somehting else/

    a, Jun 29, 2006

  2. a

    Ravi Teja Guest

    a wrote:
    > what do you guys prefer for ajax?
    > dojo
    > mochikit
    > prototype
    > or somehting else/

    I am using OpenLaszlo for a project with a Karrigell (Python) ReST
    backend. Now strictly speaking, this is not AJAX at the moment. It
    uses Flash but has the same "asynchronous updates from the server"
    model. I am waiting for their DHTML engine to mature to switch to it
    (they just released a preview). The DHTML engine is AJAX and is based
    on Dojo toolkit.

    Pro:.
    1.) Declarative UI development.
    2.) Good look and feel for free.
    3.) Comprehensive API for data binding.
    4.) Excellent documentation.

    Cons:
    1.) Only Flash available now.

    You might want to take a look at TurboGears 1.0 preview as well. They
    have made quite a bit of progress integrating MochiKit.

    Ravi Teja, Jun 29, 2006