    they?

    Thanks,
    JJ

    JJ, Jul 6, 2007

  2. "JJ" <> wrote in message
    news:e0QZW$...

    > I can't imagine many actually do it from scratch in Visual Studio....do
    > they?

    I certainly do...

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP

    Mark Rae [MVP], Jul 6, 2007

  3. JJ

    JJ Guest

    I am used to a more 'graphical' method of design. Have you tried the
    expression studio yet?
    I am wondering how much of this will be built into the next version of
    Visual Studio. Perhaps I should wait until thats released (which is when?)..

    Thanks,
    JJ

    JJ, Jul 6, 2007
  4. Hello JJ,

    We use designers :) because they knows better how it should look like :)

    I prefer to prototype in Web Expression (used dreamweaver before)

    ---
    WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
    My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
    Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

    Michael Nemtsev, Jul 6, 2007
  5. "JJ" <> wrote in message

    > Have you tried the expression studio yet?

    I haven't, unfortunately... It's on my to-do list... :)

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP

    Mark Rae [MVP], Jul 6, 2007
  6. JJ

    Aidy Guest

    Our designs are done by designers in Photoshop, but turning the resulting
    flat image into working html is just done by us in Visual Studio.

    Aidy, Jul 6, 2007
  7. JJ

    JJ Guest

    Thats the bit that I find is a real pain (i.e. from concept software to
    visual studio).
    JJ

    JJ, Jul 6, 2007
  8. JJ

    Aidy Guest

    It is but when you do it often enough you get quite proficient in it. And
    when your sites are just master page templates you only need to do the bulk
    of it once.

    Aidy, Jul 6, 2007
  9. "Aidy" <> wrote in message

    > And when your sites are just master page templates you only need to do the
    > bulk of it once.

    Absolutely! I can't imagine doing an ASP.NET project without MasterPages
    now... :)

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP

    Mark Rae [MVP], Jul 6, 2007
  10. Yeah, I design graphically and then convert the design to master pages in
    web developer express. Or if passed exisitng html its also uploaded to
    express and converted to master pages.

    That forms a template that is then given to visual studio devs to work with
    if thats necessary.

    Regards

    John Timney (MVP)
    http://www.johntimney.com
    http://www.johntimney.com/blog

    John Timney \(MVP\), Jul 6, 2007
  11. re:
    !> I am used to a more 'graphical' method of design. Have you tried the
    !> expression studio yet?

    To be precise, you don't need Expression Studio for designing web pages.
    All you need for that is Expression Web.

    Expression Studio includes tools for designing graphics and media.

    See : http://www.microsoft.com/expression/

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Jul 6, 2007
  12. JJ

    JJ Guest

    Do you need Expression Blend aswell then?
    Thanks,
    JJ

    >>> http://www.markrae.net

    JJ, Jul 6, 2007
  13. re:
    !> Do you need Expression Blend as well then?

    Only if you're creating cinematic user interfaces.

    Juan T. Llibre, Jul 6, 2007
  14. Hmm. I find a CSS template by a professional author that I like, and I
    convert it into a MasterPage template (one or more masters). I'm a genius at
    coding. I suck at website design. My advantage? At least I know it.
    -- Peter
    Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    BlogMetaFinder(BETA): http://www.blogmetafinder.com

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Jul 6, 2007
  15. a template works very well...

    http://www.csszengarden.com/

    Jon Paal [MSMD], Jul 6, 2007
  16. JJ

    JJ Guest

    nice site. Perhaps that the best way - let the designers do their thing.

    JJ

    JJ, Jul 7, 2007