What do you use to design your web pages?

JJ

I asked this question before, but I suspect that I worded it badly.

Its time to update my software, so I am wondering what others use to design
the 'look' of their web pages (i.e. prior to coding in visual studio).
I can't imagine many actually do it from scratch in Visual Studio....do
they?

Thanks,
JJ

JJ

I am used to a more 'graphical' method of design. Have you tried the
expression studio yet?
I am wondering how much of this will be built into the next version of
Visual Studio. Perhaps I should wait until thats released (which is when?)..

Thanks,
JJ

Michael Nemtsev

Hello JJ,

We use designers :) because they knows better how it should look like :)

I prefer to prototype in Web Expression (used dreamweaver before)

---
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

J> I asked this question before, but I suspect that I worded it badly.
J>
J> Its time to update my software, so I am wondering what others use to
J> design
J> the 'look' of their web pages (i.e. prior to coding in visual
J> studio).
J> I can't imagine many actually do it from scratch in Visual
J> Studio....do
J> they?
J> Thanks,
J> JJ

Aidy

Our designs are done by designers in Photoshop, but turning the resulting
flat image into working html is just done by us in Visual Studio.

JJ

Thats the bit that I find is a real pain (i.e. from concept software to
visual studio).
JJ

Aidy

It is but when you do it often enough you get quite proficient in it. And
when your sites are just master page templates you only need to do the bulk
of it once.

Mark Rae [MVP]

And when your sites are just master page templates you only need to do the
bulk of it once.

Absolutely! I can't imagine doing an ASP.NET project without MasterPages
now... :)

John Timney \(MVP\)

Yeah, I design graphically and then convert the design to master pages in
web developer express. Or if passed exisitng html its also uploaded to
express and converted to master pages.

That forms a template that is then given to visual studio devs to work with
if thats necessary.

Regards

John Timney (MVP)
http://www.johntimney.com
http://www.johntimney.com/blog

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> I am used to a more 'graphical' method of design. Have you tried the
!> expression studio yet?

To be precise, you don't need Expression Studio for designing web pages.
All you need for that is Expression Web.

Expression Studio includes tools for designing graphics and media.

See : http://www.microsoft.com/expression/

JJ said:
I am used to a more 'graphical' method of design. Have you tried the expression studio yet?
I am wondering how much of this will be built into the next version of Visual Studio. Perhaps I should wait until
thats released (which is when?)..

Thanks,
JJ

JJ

Do you need Expression Blend aswell then?
Thanks,
JJ
Juan T. Llibre said:
re:
!> I am used to a more 'graphical' method of design. Have you tried the
!> expression studio yet?

To be precise, you don't need Expression Studio for designing web pages.
All you need for that is Expression Web.

Expression Studio includes tools for designing graphics and media.

See : http://www.microsoft.com/expression/

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> Do you need Expression Blend as well then?

Only if you're creating cinematic user interfaces.