What do you use to make Comments

JustAnotherGuy

Whitecrest said:
What are you talking about? Pay attention.

What a civil flamewar.

All Whitecrest said is that WYSIWYG tools can be trusted within a
programming environment. Of course you can trust WYSIWIG web dev tools
to get some things right, can't you? There comes a point where editing
by hand is cumbersome and far more effort than it's worth. It's easier
to pick a color in your authoring environment than to look up the hex
code in external programs and paste it into notepad, isn't it?

Toby A Inkster

JustAnotherGuy said:
All Whitecrest said is that WYSIWYG tools can be trusted within a
programming environment.

No. Whitecrest claimed:

| No one builds a GUI application in C without using a WYSIWYG generated
| code.

I am posting this in a newsreader called Pan <URL:http://pan.rebelbase.com/>
(a GUI application written in C without using WYSIWYG generated code) from
within a desktop called GNOME <URL:http://www.gnome.org/> (a whole set of
GUI applications written in C without using WYSIWYG generated code).

And I still insist that the majority of serious application development
does not use WYSIWYG code generation.
It's easier to pick a color in your authoring environment than to look
up the hex code in external programs and paste it into notepad, isn't it?

I tend not to need to look up hex codes most of the time.

Besides which, how often do you need to do this? Not very. Colourful
toolbar icons, etc are usually made in a graphics editor (such as The
GIMP, Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, whatever takes your fancy) and then
pulled in. Other parts of the interface (scroll bars, menus, buttons) have
the colours decided by the desktop environment.

Whitecrest

| No one builds a GUI application in C without using a WYSIWYG generated
| code.
And I still insist that the majority of serious application development
does not use WYSIWYG code generation.

I insist the exact opposite, and for the last 10 of 12 years, it has
been the rule rather than the exception everywhere I worked.