    Mel Guest

    what technology does google use, Websphere ? or what ?

    thanks
    Mel, May 5, 2005

  2. Mel

    John Guest

    Mel wrote:

    > what technology does google use, Websphere ? or what ?
    >
    > thanks

    <guess>
    Custom-written (in house) software.
    </guess>
    John, May 5, 2005

  3. Mel

    Mel Guest

    is it Java &*^%$ based or something nicer ?

    i really need to know :)

    Mel, May 5, 2005
  4. Mel

    Steve Pugh Guest

    Steve Pugh, May 5, 2005
  5. Mel wrote:

    > is it Java &*^%$ based or something nicer ?
    >
    > i really need to know :)

    Ask Google. And please don't top post.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
    David Dorward, May 5, 2005
  6. In article <>,
    Steve Pugh () dropped a +5 bundle of words...

    > Mel wrote:
    > > what technology does google use, Websphere ? or what ?

    > http://www.google.com/technology/pigeonrank.html

    ROFL!!

    --
    Starshine Moonbeam
    mhm31x9 Smeeter#29 WSD#30
    Starshine Moonbeam, May 5, 2005
  7. Mel

    Auggie Guest

    "Mel" <> wrote in message
    > what technology does google use, Websphere ? or what ?

    In looking at jobs posted by Google they seem to be primarily asking for
    C++, Java and JSP programmers (they do ask for other languages, but those 3
    seem to come up the most)

    Clint
    Auggie
    Auggie, May 5, 2005
  8. Mel

    Safalra Guest

    Auggie wrote:
    > "Mel" <> wrote in message
    > > what technology does google use, Websphere ? or what ?

    > In looking at jobs posted by Google they seem to be primarily asking

    for
    > C++, Java and JSP programmers (they do ask for other languages, but

    those 3
    > seem to come up the most)

    I vaguely remember a couple of years ago that a bug in Google let you
    view some of the source for a couple of hours. I think that was JSP.

    --
    Safalra (Stephen Morley)
    http://www.safalra.com/hypertext/
    Safalra, May 9, 2005