    Thank You

    Yours Sincerely

    Richard West
    freesoft_2000, Sep 25, 2006

    http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/links.html#adef-rel

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Sep 25, 2006

  3. freesoft_2000

    jojo Guest

    freesoft_2000 wrote:

    > Sorry to ask this question but when linking to an external
    > style sheet people usually use the below element
    >
    > <link rel = "stylesheet" type = "text/css"
    > href = "Test.css"
    >
    > My question is what does the rel actually stand for and what is it for and
    > its purpose?

    rel stands for relation. this attribute descirbes (oh, what surprise...)
    the relation between the linked document and the document with the link,
    in this case it says that the linked document is a stylesheet for the
    document. other possibilities are for example "next" and "prev",
    "index", (guess what they stand for...) or "shortcut icon" to link a
    "favicon" (the small icon in the top left corner of the browserweindow
    or the icon in the adress-bar, depends on the browser)...
    HTH, jojo
    jojo, Sep 25, 2006
  4. freesoft_2000

    richard Guest

    "freesoft_2000" <> wrote in message
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > Sorry to ask this question but when linking to an external
    > style sheet people usually use the below element
    >
    > <link rel = "stylesheet" type = "text/css"
    > href = "Test.css"
    >
    > My question is what does the rel actually stand for and what is it for and
    > its purpose?
    >
    > Any help is greatly appreciated
    >
    > Thank You
    >
    > Yours Sincerely
    >
    > Richard West

    Or it could be short for "relative" as in a parent-child relationship.
    richard, Sep 26, 2006
  5. freesoft_2000

    Toby Inkster Guest

    richard wrote:

    > Or it could be short for "relative" as in a parent-child relationship.

    But it doesn't.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby Inkster, Sep 26, 2006
  6. freesoft_2000

    dorayme Guest

    In article <5n.co.uk>,
    Toby Inkster <> wrote:

    > richard wrote:
    >
    > > Or it could be short for "relative" as in a parent-child relationship.

    > But it doesn't.

    No, that's right, it isn't.

    No, that's wrong, it isn't.

    At least, it isn't.