What Does sys.platform Return On 64 Bit Windows Systems?

Tim Daneliuk

On older 32 bit Windows systems, sys.platform returns: 'win32'

What does it return on 64-bit Windows systems? I'd check myself, but
I don't have access to 64-bit Windows.

TIA,

Steven D'Aprano

On older 32 bit Windows systems, sys.platform returns: 'win32'

What does it return on 64-bit Windows systems? I'd check myself, but I
don't have access to 64-bit Windows.

According to the docs, it returns win32:

http://docs.python.org/library/sys.html

If anyone knows different, this should be reported as a documentation
bug. But 30 seconds of googling suggests that sys.platform is 'win32'
even on 64-bit builds of Windows, by design:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...-use-sys-platformwin32-check-on-64-bit-python