    what dose this float value mean?

    The value is:

    -1.#IND0

    Car, Feb 28, 2008

  2. Car

    Mark Bluemel Guest

    Car wrote:
    > what dose this float value mean?
    >
    > The value is:
    >
    > -1.#IND0

    That doesn't look much like C to me.

    More context would be helpful - where did you see it? Can
    you show us a snippet of code with this in?

    Mark Bluemel, Feb 28, 2008

  3. In article <>,
    Car <> wrote:

    >what dose this float value mean?
    >
    >The value is:
    >
    >-1.#IND0

    It's probably what your system prints for some kind of NaN ("not a
    number"); the "IND" means indefinite. You probably did something like
    dividing zero by zero.

    -- Richard
    --
    :wq

    Richard Tobin, Feb 28, 2008
  4. Car

    Richard Bos Guest

    Mark Bluemel <> wrote:

    > Car wrote:
    > > what dose this float value mean?
    > >
    > > The value is:
    > >
    > > -1.#IND0

    > That doesn't look much like C to me.
    >
    > More context would be helpful - where did you see it? Can
    > you show us a snippet of code with this in?

    It's not code, it's output. It's a common format for the output of a
    float of indeterminate value.

    Richard

    Richard Bos, Feb 28, 2008