    javascript?

    Thanks,
    Billy

    Billy Smith, Apr 21, 2006

  2. Billy Smith

    RobG Guest

    Billy Smith said on 21/04/2006 2:19 PM AEST:
    > I want to program a few small, stand-alone utility scripts in javascript
    > to run in Windows Script Host. What is a good, free text editor
    > that has line numbers and is otherwise convenient for coding
    > javascript?

    I use shareware EditPlus: <URL:http://www.editplus.com/> you should pay
    for it (USD30) if you keep using it.

    For more, Google 'JavaScript free text editor'. Some results, in no
    particular order:

    HAPedit: <URL:http://hapedit.free.fr/>

    PSPad: <URL:http://www.pspad.com/>

    Webniac: <URL:http://www.futureality.net/webniac/>

    Arachnophilia: <URL:http://www.arachnoid.com/arachnophilia/>

    HTML-Kit + javascript plugin: <URL:http://www.chami.com/html-kit/>

    --
    Rob
    Group FAQ: <URL:http://www.jibbering.com/FAQ>

    RobG, Apr 21, 2006

  3. Billy Smith

    [on] Guest

    RobG wrote:
    > I use shareware EditPlus: <URL:http://www.editplus.com/> you should pay
    > for it (USD30) if you keep using it.
    >

    > For more, Google 'JavaScript free text editor'. Some results, in no
    > particular order:
    >
    > HAPedit: <URL:http://hapedit.free.fr/>
    >
    > PSPad: <URL:http://www.pspad.com/>
    >
    > Webniac: <URL:http://www.futureality.net/webniac/>
    >
    > Arachnophilia: <URL:http://www.arachnoid.com/arachnophilia/>
    >
    > HTML-Kit + javascript plugin: <URL:http://www.chami.com/html-kit/>
    >

    > --
    > Rob
    > Group FAQ: <URL:http://www.jibbering.com/FAQ>

    Here are some more:

    UltraEdit (shareware): <URL:http://www.ultraedit.com/>

    SciTE (free): <URL:http://www.scintilla.org/SciTE.html>

    evolvEd (free): <URL:http://home.no/evolved/>

    >-----<

    SciTE is real nice, when you enable Monospaced Fonts and Linenumbers
    (off by default for some reason).

    Never used evolvEd, but it's free so why not post it.

    UltraEdit, I'm sure you've heard of, everyone rants about how good it
    is. Shareware though.

    [on], Apr 21, 2006
  4. Billy Smith

    Guest

    It's the best powerful visual AJAX IDE I've seen before. You can
    develope your web application in it just like what you do in VB or
    Delphi based on its powerful AJAX components libs. And it

    also support sourceinsight and it's compatible with IE, Firefox and
    Maxthon. Above of all, it's unrelevant with server side.

    Here is free trial. http://eng.joyistar.com

    , Apr 21, 2006
  5. Billy Smith

    [on] Guest

    wrote:
    > It's the best powerful visual AJAX IDE I've seen before. You can
    > develope your web application in it just like what you do in VB or
    > Delphi based on its powerful AJAX components libs. And it
    >
    > also support sourceinsight and it's compatible with IE, Firefox and
    > Maxthon. Above of all, it's unrelevant with server side.
    >
    > Here is free trial. http://eng.joyistar.com

    Fyi: Maxthon is IE.

    I don't mind you plugging the IDE you've made, but you could atleast
    change the text you paste from time to time. Like this time, the user
    requested information about a "editor" for JavaScript/AJAX and you
    still pasted the same old text as you always do, you could have given
    more information.

    [on], Apr 21, 2006
  6. Billy Smith

    Guest

    , Apr 21, 2006
  7. Billy Smith

    optimistx Guest

    I use often simultaneusly in a computer with 4 displays:

    1) eclipse with js-plugin , recommended by Pointed Ears (thanks!)
    http://www.eclipse.org/ and plugin from http://www.interaktonline.com/

    2) html-kit with js-plugin,
    http://html-kit.com

    3) php-designer
    http://www.mpsoftware.dk/ (found this using: http://www.php-editors.com/ )

    All are free to download.

    All have their weaknesses and strengths, and together almost all the desired
    features are there. I wish there were 1 program with all the best features
    of those 3.

    optimistx, Apr 21, 2006
  8. Billy Smith wrote:

    > I want to program a few small, stand-alone utility scripts in javascript
    > to run in Windows Script Host. What is a good, free text editor
    > that has line numbers and is otherwise convenient for coding
    > javascript?

    Metapad, vim, Eclipse (with JSEclipse plugin). In order of download/install
    and project size.

    PointedEars

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Apr 21, 2006
  9. Billy Smith

    Penguiniator Guest

    Penguiniator, Apr 22, 2006
  10. Billy Smith

    Guest

    , Apr 23, 2006
  11. Billy Smith wrote:
    > I want to program a few small, stand-alone utility scripts in javascript
    > to run in Windows Script Host. What is a good, free text editor
    > that has line numbers and is otherwise convenient for coding
    > javascript?

    I used to use Crimson Editor but I stopped for some reason, a bug that
    I don't remember now.

    Currently I'm using SciTE. It's free, lightweight, with syntax
    highlighting (depending of the API you download with it, but there are
    ready-to-go packages) and some nice features, like folding and
    abbreviation.

    Ronaldo Junior, Apr 24, 2006
  12. Billy Smith

    Guest

    it because a wrong of operation.

    , Apr 26, 2006
  13. Billy Smith

    Guest

    I have tried many and Microsoft FrontPage is the best all round
    Javascript/html editor and it has a debugger built in. It costs but it
    is worth it!
    Many will disagree, but many have not paid for a good product. They
    insist on free products.

    , Apr 26, 2006
  14. Billy Smith

    Jambalaya Guest

    wrote:
    > it because a wrong of operation.

    Well, that explains it then.

    Jambalaya, Apr 26, 2006
  15. Billy Smith

    Randy Webb Guest

    said the following on 4/26/2006 12:16 AM:
    > I have tried many and Microsoft FrontPage is the best all round
    > Javascript/html editor and it has a debugger built in. It costs but it
    > is worth it!

    That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. But, from past post
    from you your opinion doesn't mean a whole lot.

    > Many will disagree, but many have not paid for a good product. They
    > insist on free products.

    So, if I disagree with you and say that FP is junk, are you saying that
    because I say that I insist on a free product?

    FP is junk, always has been junk, and unless someone else takes over its
    development it will always be junk.

    And yes, I have FrontPage. Doesn't mean I use it but I have it.

    --
    Randy

    Randy Webb, Apr 26, 2006