What ever happened to comp.lang.perl ?

Trent Curry

So let me get this stright, you are assosiating me with another person or
persons becuase of a typographical error?
This joker must be a glutton for punishment.

Why does he keep coming back?

What does he want?

Strangely, if we just killfiled everybody who mistypes
just j-s-u-t, we'd probably get rid of this moron forever
at only a tiny cost. It might be worth it.

I don't know what you want of me, but I sense you have miss labeled me due
to an error that occurred when typing. I have in fact seen many people, in
this group and in others make such errors. Do you also think all people with
dark skin are African Americans? In other words, I don't appreciate being
miss categorized as something I'm not.

Islaw

Tad McClellan said:
Trent Curry, Islaw, krakle, MJ Owens, Cpt Fredo, Manny Wilco, Robin Givens
and a cast of thousands wrote:

jsut
^^^^
^^^^

Oh for the love of Larry Wall, I believe this is the second time you've
tried to put my name among others it has nothing to do with. Get a life and
stop trying to cast miss-leading notions.

Translation: I have nothing to do with those other names on that set of
names you concocted.

I don't ever recall ever have any confrontation with any of you, so I don't
know why you continue to pursue anyone who makes a god forsaken typo. I
didn't think it would be such a chastise-worthy crime, sorry. I do hate
getting defense, but it seems you've left me little choice.

Tad McClellan

Trent Curry said:
So let me get this stright, you are assosiating me with another person or ^^^^^^^ ^
persons becuase of a typographical error?
^^

Yes I am, but it was only a tertiary indication.

I was reasonably sure it was you before I inserted the typo in my post.

Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 19:44:50 GMT
From: "Islaw" <[email protected]>

You can't seriously believe a single typo =='s me to someone else?

History repeats itself?

This was the primary indication:

# root of this thread
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 08:51:30 -0700

From what I heard a while back, comp.lang.perl simply changed
it's name to comp.lang.perl.misc.

What was the reason for this? Does anyone know?

echoing this one:

Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 18:49:43 GMT

As long as I've been around, I do find it courious as to why exactly
this groups name went from comp.lang.perl to comp.lang.perl.misc. I've
sarch the control-message archives and they basically say it was simply
moving.

The secondary indication was your proclivity for transposing
letters and other signs of carelessness in composition.

Those 2 heuristics where enough for me, even without the jsut.

He misses that loving feeling?

Maybe he wants his boyfriend to start auto-emailing him again?

Trent Curry

Tad McClellan said:
or
^^^^^^^ ^
^^

Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 19:44:50 GMT
From: "Islaw" <[email protected]>

You are looking at the wrong person's headers. I never had prodigy, nor have
I ever had or used suc han email. I really don'y see what you are trying to
accomplish here.

?

Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 08:51:30 -0700

From what I heard a while back, comp.lang.perl simply changed

Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 18:49:43 GMT

As long as I've been around, I do find it courious as to why exactly
this groups name went from comp.lang.perl to comp.lang.perl.misc. I've
sarch the control-message archives and they basically say it was simply
moving.

wtf? Do you even know what you are talking about? Those are two completely
different headers you posted.
The "From what I heard a while back", maybe that was one of the past threads
about it, who knows. The seconds header is dated almost a year ago, so it is
possible, though there have been other queries about that.

None of what you have presented supports your claim that I am someone who
you tried to (miss) label me as.

I honestly do not know what your problem is, but I am not your whale, Ahab.
It probably swam off long ago. I don't really care. I just don't find it
fair that, a known regular for that matter, would try to do this to someone
who was just trying to participate in a conversation.
The secondary indication was your proclivity for transposing
letters and other signs of carelessness in composition.

Those 2 heuristics where enough for me, even without the jsut.

Rubbish. Complete rubbish. You are try again to miss label me with non
facts. You have thus far present no real proof of anything. This seems like
some kind of strange obsession of yours, and I want no part of it.

Please find someone else to screw with.

Anno Siegel

Trent Curry said:
[...]
The secondary indication was your proclivity for transposing
letters and other signs of carelessness in composition.

Those 2 heuristics where enough for me, even without the jsut.

Rubbish. Complete rubbish. You are try again to miss label me with non
^^^^^

Again, right? Oh boy, this is hard to pull off, isn't it?

Anno

Brian McCauley

^^

Yes I am, but it was only a tertiary indication.

I was reasonably sure it was you before I inserted the typo in my post.

If Tad were to conclude that all persons who make these typographical
errors were one and the same then he would conclude that I was Trent.
I'm glad to say I'm not.

Trent Curry

Trent Curry

Brian McCauley said:
If Tad were to conclude that all persons who make these typographical
errors were one and the same then he would conclude that I was Trent.
I'm glad to say I'm not.

I didn't know I did anything wrong. If you want to see me as what Tad has
tried to present me as, then there is little I can do to stop you. Just know
you will be accepting a lie.

And if you seriously believe that I am the one & only to make such a typo,
you should do a search, like:
http://groups.google.com/groups?as_..._ugroup=comp.lang.perl.misc&lr=&num=100&hl=en

or

http://www.google.com/search?num=10...&q=jsut+group:comp.lang.perl.misc&sa=N&tab=gw

or

http://www.metacrawler.com/_1_2SLTT...t=web&method=0&top=1&start=&nextid=&ver=20697

So kindly, take $tads_absurd_obsession and shove it into /dev/null and leave
me the hell alone. You have no right to target people like this, especially
when you have shown zero real proof to back up your claims, which just
reviles there is no substance or any real reason behind them.

Trent Curry

Trent Curry said:
Anno Siegel said:
Trent Curry said:
[...]

The secondary indication was your proclivity for transposing
letters and other signs of carelessness in composition.

Those 2 heuristics where enough for me, even without the jsut.

Rubbish. Complete rubbish. You are try again to miss label me with non
^^^^^

Again, right? Oh boy, this is hard to pull off, isn't it?

You make no sense.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=again

You truely are a silly bunch if you can't see that that should of read "You
are trying again", it is of matter of fact, another semi common typo, which
I am not the first. But sure you are all pristine, perfect typists?

Helgi Briem

You truely are a silly bunch if you can't see that that
should of read "You are trying again", it is of matter
of fact, another semi common typo, which I am not the
first. But sure you are all pristine, perfect typists?

You really are a funny little man, Manny. Every six
months or so you come here with a few new names
and fake e-mail addresses, throw a tantrum over
something silly, then get tired and go away.

What is your beef? Why do you keep coming back
for more? You are so bad at hiding your identity
that it is usually obvious in your first post.

Tad McClellan

You missed the point.

You truely are a silly bunch if you can't see that that should of read "You
are trying again"

"again" implies that I did this to you before.

I have never done this to Trent Curry before, I have done it
to one of your other names. You can't keep straight what happened
to which of your persona...

Trent Curry

Helgi Briem said:
You really are a funny little man, Manny. Every six
months or so you come here with a few new names
and fake e-mail addresses,

I haven't a clue where this came from, but it does not apply.
throw a tantrum over
something silly, then get tired and go away.

Excuse me? I'm not the one who as throwing a tantrum over a damn typo, you
and tad, onth are. Get the hell over it.
What is your beef? Why do you keep coming back
for more? You are so bad at hiding your identity
that it is usually obvious in your first post.

** shakes head ** I have no desire in yours or anyone else's delusions.
Please leave me out of it. You got the wrong person. Simple as that.

Trent Curry

Tad McClellan said:
Trent Curry said:
Trent Curry said:
You missed the point.

"again" implies that I did this to you before.

I have never done this to Trent Curry before, I have done it
to one of your other names. You can't keep straight what happened
to which of your persona...

No, you moron, you tried to implicate me yesterday, and in another post you
were doing more of the same. Of course, if you weren't so busy wrongly going
after me maybe you would of seen that. I'm really getting tired of your
childish BS. You have no right to trying to frame any like you are doing. On
top of that you are mincing the facts like a piece of garlic like a
professional politician.

Please Kindly F'Off & leave me the hell alone.

Islaw

Helgi Briem said:
You really are a funny little man, Manny. Every six
months or so you come here with a few new names
and fake e-mail addresses, throw a tantrum over
something silly, then get tired and go away.
What is your beef? Why do you keep coming back
for more? You are so bad at hiding your identity
that it is usually obvious in your first post.

I think you both need to get a life. You folks seem to think you can just
target anyone and then tarnish their name without any discernable proof,
just insipid rants with no semblance of the truth. You ask whats Trent's
beef? well, what is YOUR beef? Do tell, what exactly, has he (or I for that
matter, since you folk have once again included me in your "grand" list)
actually done to deserve such treatment? Is this, perchance, why so many
left this group? Because of pointless bull crap and arguments being lobbed
around like grenades? I honestly cannot begin to comprehend the reason you
folk try to do this to seemingly random people.

And I thought this was a technical news group, not alt.tv.jerry-springer