what features would you like to see in 2to3?

Benjamin Peterson

It's GSoC time again, and I've had lots of interested students asking about
doing on project on improving 2to3. What kinds of improvements and features
would you like to see in it which student programmers could accomplish?

Kay Schluehr

It's GSoC time again, and I've had lots of interested students asking about
doing on project on improving 2to3. What kinds of improvements and features
would you like to see in it which student programmers could accomplish?

It would suffice to write some proper 2to3 tutorial level
documentation that explains how to extend 2to3 i.e. how to write some
new fixers. Most of the stuff I came along was rather special and
cheap student labor is hardly ever available or just in time.

Steve Holden

Kay said:
It would suffice to write some proper 2to3 tutorial level
documentation that explains how to extend 2to3 i.e. how to write some
new fixers. Most of the stuff I came along was rather special and
cheap student labor is hardly ever available or just in time.

GSoC projects are supposed to produce code primarily, so a documentation
project might not get support.

regards
Steve

Steve Holden

Kay Schluehr said:
It would suffice to write some proper 2to3 tutorial level
documentation that explains how to extend 2to3 i.e. how to write some
new fixers.

Yes, documentation is somewhere down my todo list. I might get some of it done
this summer.