What files to upload to webserver?

James Walker

Hi there,

I'm just starting to write my second ASP.NET webpage in C# and want
some way of easily splitting out those files that are needed to be
uploaded to the webserver - i.e. i create a project on my local
machine in VS.NET and it creates the "AssemblyInfo.cs" file,
"Global.asax" file, "Global.asax.cs" file the .csproj file, the
..csproj.webinfo file, a default .aspx file etc and a subfolder called
"bin"...

.... now i dont need all these uploaded to the webserver on the live
system - just the .asax, .aspx files and the bin "subfolder" - i
especially don't want the .cs files as i don't want my source code
available to anyone else that might ftp into the web server! On my
last project i just manually selected each file to upload and did it
that way, but with this project there will be a lot more aspx files so
it will be a lot more hassle...

I've had a brief look through the project and solution properties in
VS.NET and can't immediately find a way of splitting the .cs and .aspx
files into different folders so i can just upload a single folder
through FTP...

.... am i being really thick???

Cheers

James

SStory

not sure in C#

IN VB.NET, you use code behind files...which I assume you are doing, then
you click one of the icons at the top of the solution explorer and it only
shows the ASPX files and hides the .vb files.

Is this sort of what you wanted?