    BTW: I am on a Mac.

    Thanks for all of your help with the style and validation problems. It
    has all been solved.

    Dennis M. Marks, Dec 1, 2003

  2. Dennis M. Marks

    Louis Somers Guest

    "Dennis M. Marks" <> wrote in news:011220030754393131%
    :

    > http://www.dcs-chico.com/~denmarks/amtrak.html

    You can make the width absolute or a percentage of the screen width by
    specifying the width in the TD tag.

    Change this line:

    3>

    to:

    rowspan="3" width="40%">

    That should make the "table data" use 40% of the table's space. You can
    also enter how many pixels it should be if you want.

    --
    News Updater, No scripts, No Database
    http://www.xmlssoftware.com/NUpdater

    Louis Somers, Dec 1, 2003

  3. Dennis M. Marks

    Richard Guest

    Dennis! wrote:

    > My page at http://www.dcs-chico.com/~denmarks/amtrak.html looks fine
    > when I display it with IE. I don't like the way it looks in Navigator.
    > In IE the left and right boxes are about the same width but in
    > Navigator the left box is much narrower. I do not seem to be able to
    > force a width. Any recommendations?

    > BTW: I am on a Mac.

    > Thanks for all of your help with the style and validation problems. It
    > has all been solved.

    > --

    The pages with extremely long stations had no scroll bars.Making it
    difficult to see the bottom part of the list. Although a few pages did have
    scroll bars.
    You should also allow resize. Such as the page for the california zephyr.
    Looks fine on IE 6 otherwiese.
    suggestion might be to have your descriptive section on top rather than
    wasting so much space on the left.
    Narrow the size of the window a bit. At 1024x768, in order to see the
    bottom, I had to move the top almost out of the screen.
    With such a long list, why not a scrolling text area within the division?

    Richard, Dec 1, 2003