    What functions in UNIX 6th Edition implement search and sort
    algorithms? How about their efficiency of those implementations?

    lovecreatesbeauty
    lovecreatesbeauty, Jul 13, 2006

  2. lovecreatesbeauty

    pemo Guest

    lovecreatesbeauty wrote:
    > As the most basic algorithms, search and sort my be the most essential
    > things in many software. Does your code have them (or one of them)?
    > What functions in UNIX 6th Edition implement search and sort
    > algorithms? How about their efficiency of those implementations?

    Surely comp.programming or something like comp.unix.programmer is the place
    to ask this?

    --
    ==============
    Not a pedant
    pemo, Jul 13, 2006

  3. In article <>,
    lovecreatesbeauty <> wrote:
    >As the most basic algorithms, search and sort my be the most essential
    >things in many software. Does your code have them (or one of them)?
    >What functions in UNIX 6th Edition implement search and sort
    >algorithms? How about their efficiency of those implementations?

    Sounds like a course assignment to me.
    --
    Prototypes are supertypes of their clones. -- maplesoft
    Walter Roberson, Jul 13, 2006
  4. lovecreatesbeauty

    Al Balmer Guest

    On 13 Jul 2006 08:20:29 -0700, "lovecreatesbeauty"
    <> wrote:

    >As the most basic algorithms, search and sort my be the most essential
    >things in many software. Does your code have them (or one of them)?
    >What functions in UNIX 6th Edition implement search and sort
    >algorithms? How about their efficiency of those implementations?

    I'm curious about the reasoning which led you to post this in
    comp.lang.c.

    It's not even close to topical.

    --
    Al Balmer