what happened to Dan Pop?

jacob navia

???

Not that I miss his posts, but somehow I find sad that somebody
disappears from view and nobody gives a damm.

Anybody knows what happened to him?

He had lost is job, and was looking for a new one last time he appeared
here.

I hope that all is well and that he found a new position
that doesn't let him post in the newsgroups...

jacob

Richard Heathfield

jacob navia said:

[Subject line: "what happened to Dan Pop?"]

Same thing that happened to Lawrence Kirby, Richard Stamp, Will Rose,
Stephan Wilms, Steve Summit (mostly), Mikey Lee, Kaz, Tanmoy Thingy, and a
whole bunch of other C experts.

Who knows? Perhaps they got sick and tired of off-topic junk clogging up the
group. Or perhaps they finally found the door to the Blue Room.
Not that I miss his posts, but somehow I find sad that somebody
disappears from view and nobody gives a damm.

What gives you the right to claim that nobody cares? Of *course* we care -
and occasionally we've said so, right here in this group.

I didn't always see eye to eye with Dan Pop either; but he certainly knows
his C, and of course we'd like to see him - and all of them - return.

Frederick Gotham

Richard Heathfield:
Same thing that happened to Lawrence Kirby, Richard Stamp, Will Rose,
Stephan Wilms, Steve Summit (mostly), Mikey Lee, Kaz, Tanmoy Thingy, and
a whole bunch of other C experts.

If you're talking about Kaz Kylheku, he posts on comp.lang.c++ frequently
enough. He posted on comp.lang.lisp just today.

Default User

Frederick said:
Richard Heathfield:

If you're talking about Kaz Kylheku, he posts on comp.lang.c++
frequently enough.

You just broke Richard's heart.

Brian

Jack Klein

jacob navia said:

[Subject line: "what happened to Dan Pop?"]

Same thing that happened to Lawrence Kirby, Richard Stamp, Will Rose,
Stephan Wilms, Steve Summit (mostly), Mikey Lee, Kaz, Tanmoy Thingy, and a
whole bunch of other C experts.

You forgot Scott Nudds...

Jack said:
jacob navia said:

[Subject line: "what happened to Dan Pop?"]

Same thing that happened to Lawrence Kirby, Richard Stamp, Will
Rose, Stephan Wilms, Steve Summit (mostly), Mikey Lee, Kaz, Tanmoy
Thingy, and a whole bunch of other C experts.

You forgot Scott Nudds...

Now cut that out.

Brian

Malcolm

Richard Heathfield said:
jacob navia said:

[Subject line: "what happened to Dan Pop?"]

Same thing that happened to Lawrence Kirby, Richard Stamp, Will Rose,
Stephan Wilms, Steve Summit (mostly), Mikey Lee, Kaz, Tanmoy Thingy, and a
whole bunch of other C experts.
People come and go. Groups expect to gain and lose members.

It's always sad to see good members drop out, but new people will arrive.

Richard Heathfield

Frederick Gotham said:
Richard Heathfield:

If you're talking about Kaz Kylheku, he posts on comp.lang.c++ frequently
enough. He posted on comp.lang.lisp just today.

Yes, I know - but he isn't posting *here*.

Kenneth Brody

Richard said:
jacob navia said:

[Subject line: "what happened to Dan Pop?"]

Same thing that happened to Lawrence Kirby, Richard Stamp, Will Rose,
Stephan Wilms, Steve Summit (mostly), Mikey Lee, Kaz, Tanmoy Thingy, and a
whole bunch of other C experts.
[...]

Hey! I'm still here. Isn't that enough?

<GDRC>

Charlton Wilbur

JK> You forgot Scott Nudds...

He's still here in spirit - we just had a "portable assembly is
superior to C" interchange.

Charlton