    I hope that all is well and that he found a new position
    that doesn't let him post in the newsgroups...

    jacob
    jacob navia, Dec 1, 2006

  2. jacob navia said:

    [Subject line: "what happened to Dan Pop?"]

    Same thing that happened to Lawrence Kirby, Richard Stamp, Will Rose,
    Stephan Wilms, Steve Summit (mostly), Mikey Lee, Kaz, Tanmoy Thingy, and a
    whole bunch of other C experts.

    Who knows? Perhaps they got sick and tired of off-topic junk clogging up the
    group. Or perhaps they finally found the door to the Blue Room.

    > Not that I miss his posts, but somehow I find sad that somebody
    > disappears from view and nobody gives a damm.

    What gives you the right to claim that nobody cares? Of *course* we care -
    and occasionally we've said so, right here in this group.

    I didn't always see eye to eye with Dan Pop either; but he certainly knows
    his C, and of course we'd like to see him - and all of them - return.

    --
    Richard Heathfield
    "Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999
    Richard Heathfield, Dec 1, 2006

  3. Richard Heathfield:

    > Same thing that happened to Lawrence Kirby, Richard Stamp, Will Rose,
    > Stephan Wilms, Steve Summit (mostly), Mikey Lee, Kaz, Tanmoy Thingy, and
    > a whole bunch of other C experts.

    If you're talking about Kaz Kylheku, he posts on comp.lang.c++ frequently
    enough. He posted on comp.lang.lisp just today.

    --

    Frederick Gotham
    Frederick Gotham, Dec 2, 2006
  4. jacob navia

    Default User Guest

    Frederick Gotham wrote:

    > Richard Heathfield:
    >
    > > Same thing that happened to Lawrence Kirby, Richard Stamp, Will
    > > Rose, Stephan Wilms, Steve Summit (mostly), Mikey Lee, Kaz, Tanmoy
    > > Thingy, and a whole bunch of other C experts.

    > If you're talking about Kaz Kylheku, he posts on comp.lang.c++
    > frequently enough.

    You just broke Richard's heart.

    Brian
    Default User, Dec 2, 2006
  5. jacob navia

    Jack Klein Guest

    On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 22:36:01 +0000, Richard Heathfield
    <> wrote in comp.lang.c:

    > jacob navia said:
    >
    > [Subject line: "what happened to Dan Pop?"]
    >
    > Same thing that happened to Lawrence Kirby, Richard Stamp, Will Rose,
    > Stephan Wilms, Steve Summit (mostly), Mikey Lee, Kaz, Tanmoy Thingy, and a
    > whole bunch of other C experts.

    You forgot Scott Nudds...

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com
    Jack Klein, Dec 2, 2006
  6. jacob navia

    Jack Klein wrote:

    > On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 22:36:01 +0000, Richard Heathfield
    > <> wrote in comp.lang.c:
    >
    > > jacob navia said:
    > >
    > > [Subject line: "what happened to Dan Pop?"]
    > >
    > > Same thing that happened to Lawrence Kirby, Richard Stamp, Will
    > > Rose, Stephan Wilms, Steve Summit (mostly), Mikey Lee, Kaz, Tanmoy
    > > Thingy, and a whole bunch of other C experts.

    > You forgot Scott Nudds...

    Now cut that out.

    Brian
  7. jacob navia

    Malcolm Guest

    > jacob navia said:
    >
    > [Subject line: "what happened to Dan Pop?"]
    >
    > Same thing that happened to Lawrence Kirby, Richard Stamp, Will Rose,
    > Stephan Wilms, Steve Summit (mostly), Mikey Lee, Kaz, Tanmoy Thingy, and a
    > whole bunch of other C experts.

    People come and go. Groups expect to gain and lose members.

    It's always sad to see good members drop out, but new people will arrive.
    --
    www.personal.leeds.ac.uk/~bgy1mm
    freeware games to download.
    Malcolm, Dec 2, 2006
  8. Frederick Gotham said:

    > Richard Heathfield:
    >
    >> Same thing that happened to Lawrence Kirby, Richard Stamp, Will Rose,
    >> Stephan Wilms, Steve Summit (mostly), Mikey Lee, Kaz, Tanmoy Thingy, and
    >> a whole bunch of other C experts.

    > If you're talking about Kaz Kylheku, he posts on comp.lang.c++ frequently
    > enough. He posted on comp.lang.lisp just today.

    Yes, I know - but he isn't posting *here*.

    Richard Heathfield, Dec 2, 2006
  9. Richard Heathfield wrote:

    > jacob navia said:
    >
    > [Subject line: "what happened to Dan Pop?"]
    >
    > Same thing that happened to Lawrence Kirby, Richard Stamp, Will Rose,
    > Stephan Wilms, Steve Summit (mostly), Mikey Lee, Kaz, Tanmoy Thingy, and a
    > whole bunch of other C experts.

    [...]

    Hey! I'm still here. Isn't that enough?

    <GDRC>

    Don't e-mail me at: <mailto:>
    Kenneth Brody, Dec 2, 2006
  10. >>>>> "JK" == Jack Klein <> writes:

    >> Same thing that happened to Lawrence Kirby, Richard Stamp, Will
    >> Rose, Stephan Wilms, Steve Summit (mostly), Mikey Lee, Kaz,
    >> Tanmoy Thingy, and a whole bunch of other C experts.

    JK> You forgot Scott Nudds...

    He's still here in spirit - we just had a "portable assembly is
    superior to C" interchange.

    Charlton

    --
    Charlton Wilbur