    like the old Sql Server Enterprise Manager.

    Thanks

    Edward
    Edward, Apr 8, 2006

  2. Edward

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    SQL Server Management Studio is the tool in SQl2005, it is like QA and EM
    combined. It's just not available with the Express edition bundled with
    VS2005 (you'd need to use VS in that case to access SQL instance), but only
    at Developer, Workgroup edition etc
    (http://www.microsoft.com/sql/editions/default.mspx)

    --
    Teemu Keiski
    ASP.NET MVP, AspInsider

    Teemu Keiski, Apr 8, 2006

  3. Chris Fulstow, Apr 8, 2006
  4. Edward

    Edward Guest

    gosh I must be dumb because I have installed Sql Server 2005 Professional
    AND VIsual Studio 2005 Professional but I cannot find this SQL Server
    Management Studio ... I installed all the tools and options that came on the
    CD but I cannot see any icons as such.

    any idea what's wrong?

    thanks so much

    Edward

    Edward, Apr 10, 2006
  5. Ah, there is no SQL Server "Professional" SKU. There is Express, Workgroup,
    Standard, Enterprise and Developer. SQL Express is shipped with VS 2005 and
    does not come with the tools. However, there is a beta of these tools on the
    web.

    --
    William (Bill) Vaughn

    William \(Bill\) Vaughn, Apr 10, 2006