What Happened to Sql Enterprise Manager and Sql Query Analyser in Visual Studio 2005

Edward

Hi All,

Thanks upfront for any help given me.

I just installed Visual Studio 2005 Professional & Sql Server on an XP SP2
PC and I do not see the old Sql Server Enterprise Manager and Sql Analyser?

Would anyone know what happened to these tools?

I selected to install the client tools but I do not see anything that looks
like the old Sql Server Enterprise Manager.

Thanks

Edward

Edward

gosh I must be dumb because I have installed Sql Server 2005 Professional
AND VIsual Studio 2005 Professional but I cannot find this SQL Server
Management Studio ... I installed all the tools and options that came on the
CD but I cannot see any icons as such.

any idea what's wrong?

thanks so much

Edward

William \(Bill\) Vaughn

Ah, there is no SQL Server "Professional" SKU. There is Express, Workgroup,
Standard, Enterprise and Developer. SQL Express is shipped with VS 2005 and
does not come with the tools. However, there is a beta of these tools on the
web.

--
William (Bill) Vaughn