What has been going on?

Discussion in 'Python' started by tjland@iserv.net, Aug 22, 2003.

  1. Guest

    Ignore those last two messages accidently sent. Who else has been getting
    messages returned that you didnt send. Mail scanners saying their is a
    virus? The list i think has been infected with the W32/Sobig.f-MM virus,
    anyone else experiencing problems? Also i havent been able to post to the
    list its been saying post returned after four hours, or something like
    that. Thanx for help!

    > When you see the net take the shot
    > When you miss your shot shoot again
    > When you make your shot you win!
    >
    > Just remember
    > Offense sells tickets
    > But defense wins championships!

    When you see the net take the shot
    When you miss your shot shoot again
    When you make your shot you win!

    Just remember
    Offense sells tickets
    But defense wins championships!
    , Aug 22, 2003

  2. Tom Plunket Guest

    tjland wrote:

    > Ignore those last two messages accidently sent. Who else has been
    > getting messages returned that you didnt send. Mail scanners
    > saying their is a virus? The list i think has been infected...

    The list doesn't get infected. It's the users that do,
    specifically the ones who use that crap MS mail/news reader/virus
    broadcasting system.

    -tom!

    --
    There's really no reason to send a copy of your
    followup to my email address, so please don't.
    Tom Plunket, Aug 26, 2003

  3. wrote in message news:<>...
    > Ignore those last two messages accidently sent. Who else has been getting
    > messages returned that you didnt send. Mail scanners saying their is a
    > virus? The list i think has been infected with the W32/Sobig.f-MM virus,

    I've been getting a huge number of these. Basically a virus is in the
    computer of someone who has you in their address book. It sends out
    messages from their computer but forges your address in the header
    fields. So, when that message gets bounced by the recipient's filter,
    the error message comes to you, not the true sender.

    I don't know what Microsoft was thinking in their last few software
    releases. It's not like they didn't have plenty of warning that this
    was coming. For now, it's going to get worse before it gets better.
    A. Lloyd Flanagan, Aug 26, 2003