what have I broke?

musosdev

Hi

I've just come back to a project I've had a week or so off from, haven't
touched it, and it seemed to be working fine when I left it.

However, it's not compiling!! Here's the warnings/errors I get...

Warning 1 The member 'admind_cafe_Default.Master' does not hide an inherited
member. The new keyword is not
required. c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\root\29d2f862\e027ae\App_Web_8ryf36wy.0.cs 70
Error 2 'ASP.admin_cafe_default_aspx.GetTypeHashCode()': no suitable method
found to override c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary
ASP.NET Files\root\29d2f862\e027ae\App_Web_8ryf36wy.0.cs 1260
Error 3 'ASP.admin_cafe_default_aspx.ProcessRequest(System.Web.HttpContext)':
no suitable method found to
override c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\root\29d2f862\e027ae\App_Web_8ryf36wy.0.cs 1265
Error 4 'ASP.admin_cafe_default_aspx' does not implement interface member
'System.Web.IHttpHandler.IsReusable' c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\29d2f862\e027ae\App_Web_8ryf36wy.0.cs 182

Now, I know that it can't just break itself. But I have *absolutely* no idea
what the hell is going on or what it's trying to tell me. The files with the
errors all seem to be generated files, not my code.

It's .NET 2.0.50727, C#, VS2005 Professional.

Can someone shed some light?!! Thanks.

musosdev

Hi Madhur,

I don't have the option to clean? In fact, I don't seem to have a solution?
If I right click on the top item in the tree of Solution Explorer, I get
Build website, etc... but do not get Clean Solution.

Is there are way to create a Solution around my project? I can't find blank
solution under "new" in 2005...

musosdev

OK, found the "always show solution" option.... but, I still don't have
"Clean Solution" on my right mouse menu when i right-click the solution?!!

Steven Cheng [MSFT]

Hi Dan,

AS for the ASP.NET project, you haven't done any changes before you found
it got broken ,correct?

If so, I also think there might be something got corrupted with the dynamic
compiled and generated stuffs of ASP.NET runtime. As other members
mentioned, those dynamically generated files are under the ASP.NET
temporary folder which is located in the .NET framework folder. For
example:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files

You can try removing files of the certain problem application there to see
whether it can run again.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

(e-mail address removed).

ications.

Steven Cheng [MSFT]

Hi Dan,

Have you got any progress on this issue?

--------------------
From: (e-mail address removed) (Steven Cheng [MSFT])
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 02:39:36 GMT
Subject: Re: what have I broke?

musosdev

Hi Steven / Peter

Thank you for your follow ups. I tried everything you suggested to no avail.
Quite embarrasingly, a few hours of trying to fix it later, I noticed one of
the page class names didn't seem right.

It *appears* I must have caught the mouse cursor and deleted part of a class
name, because I checked that against the page, fixed it to match... and it
all compiled perfectly.

Amazing how you never expect the simple stuff to catch you out. Apologies
for time wasted, hopefully someone will find this thread useful if they have
the same problem in the future and it isn't typo related!

Thanks,

Dan

From: (e-mail address removed) (Steven Cheng [MSFT])
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 02:39:36 GMT
Hi Dan,

AS for the ASP.NET project, you haven't done any changes before you found
it got broken ,correct?

If so, I also think there might be something got corrupted with the dynamic
compiled and generated stuffs of ASP.NET runtime. As other members
mentioned, those dynamically generated files are under the ASP.NET
temporary folder which is located in the .NET framework folder. For
example:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files

You can try removing files of the certain problem application there to see
whether it can run again.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

Steven Cheng [MSFT]

Thanks for your followup Dan,

I'm glad that you've finally figured out the problem. Sure, I believe this
thread will be helpful for other members who may run into the same problem.
Thank you for sharing your information with us.

Have a good day!

From: =?Utf-8?B?bXVzb3NkZXY=?= <[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>