What have they done!?

Neredbojias

???

Did your use a Bush algorithm to come to that conclusion?

No, but I considered his agenda and methodology. Don't take offense,
though; at least your special interests seem not to be self-focused.

asdf

Neredbojias said:
No, but I considered his agenda and methodology. Don't take offense,
though; at least your special interests seem not to be self-focused.

....a burning bush? :)))

J.O. Aho

aioe-user said:
Too many years ago to remember I got my first lesson in
creating HTM pages and here's what an entire HTM file
with the letter X then looked like.

That wasn't even valid on HTML 1, even if Microsoft writes on their homepage
that their product is a good one, it don't make it to become true.

Jonathan N. Little

Neredbojias said:
No, but I considered his agenda and methodology. Don't take offense,
though; at least your special interests seem not to be self-focused.

What I meant was the ability to come to conclusions without the need of
those pesky little things called facts.

Neredbojias

What I meant was the ability to come to conclusions without the need of
those pesky little things called facts.

Facts are like money. It's nice to have as much as you want, but most
people have to make do with a somewhat lesser amount. That's why God have
humans intelligence, foresight, and the ability to reason deductively.
This isn't to say that many wouldn't have preferred more gold or something.

dorayme

Neredbojias said:
Facts are like money. It's nice to have as much as you want, but most
people have to make do with a somewhat lesser amount.

With money, quantity counts. With facts, quantity is a huge
nuisance. These two things are very different indeed.

Neredbojias

With money, quantity counts. With facts, quantity is a huge
nuisance. These two things are very different indeed.

Just curious, what is your opinion of "The sky is blue"?

dorayme

Neredbojias said:
Just curious, what is your opinion of "The sky is blue"?

So... you did not understand it? Facts are cheap and plentiful.
Money is not. It is never for want of facts that anything happens
or does not happen. The situation with money is different.

Neredbojias

So... you did not understand it? Facts are cheap and plentiful.
Money is not. It is never for want of facts that anything happens
or does not happen. The situation with money is different.

Yes, I understood it; I just don't buy it. How can you have the nerve to
say that facts are irrelevant to happenings? That is ludicrous. How much
progress do you think would have been made in just the last 2 centuries if
that were true? Hell, there'd be no filter-tip cigarettes and the phrase
"back in the saddle again" would still have something to do with horses.

dorayme

Neredbojias said:
Yes, I understood it; I just don't buy it.

You understood it not at all. Just look at the data (facts) on a
well used serious computer and there are no end of them. Do their
sheer numbers help anyone when it comes down to answering
something for which it is not obvious which ones help? Let me
help you: no, they help not at all and are often a confusing
distraction. To answer many questions that are interesting, one
needs to think hard what sort of facts are needed. And only then,
to search for such.
How can you have the nerve to
say that facts are irrelevant to happenings? That is ludicrous.

Put this way, it is obvious that facts are quite irrelevant.
Suppose you have a bag full of all the facts there are (a bag
_you_ would treasure with religious awe). Suppose something
happens (pick anything at all). By and large, I would say most of
the things in your bag would be quite irrelevant to the happening.

How much
progress do you think would have been made in just the last 2 centuries if
that were true? Hell, there'd be no filter-tip cigarettes and the phrase
"back in the saddle again" would still have something to do with horses.

I am going to ask JK and Officer White to have a little word to
you. JK will do the talking and "Bud" will do other things more
in keeping with his natural talents.

Neredbojias

You understood it not at all. Just look at the data (facts) on a
well used serious computer and there are no end of them. Do their
sheer numbers help anyone when it comes down to answering
something for which it is not obvious which ones help? Let me
help you: no, they help not at all and are often a confusing
distraction. To answer many questions that are interesting, one
needs to think hard what sort of facts are needed. And only then,
to search for such.

Hmm, I'd say this is one of those cases that we'll just have to agree to
disagree. Of course, I highly suspect you'll be averse to agreeing even
with that, but to disagree to disagree presents an obvious dilemma. On
the brighter side, though, some women seem to handle it perfectly.
Put this way, it is obvious that facts are quite irrelevant.
Suppose you have a bag full of all the facts there are (a bag
_you_ would treasure with religious awe). Suppose something
happens (pick anything at all). By and large, I would say most of
the things in your bag would be quite irrelevant to the happening.

Suppose you have a universe containing all the molecules that exist.
Any single physical thing in that universe would probably consist of a
ridiculously small percentage of said molecules, no?
I am going to ask JK and Officer White to have a little word to
you. JK will do the talking and "Bud" will do other things more
in keeping with his natural talents.

Btw, I re-saw "LA Confidental" a couple weeks ago, and there's no
question about it: I could kick Bud White's ass from here to New
Zealand. He may be enthusiastic, but size counts. I could easily pound
him into the ground (-if I were into pounding men, that is.)

dorayme

Neredbojias said:
Hmm, I'd say this is one of those cases that we'll just have to agree to
disagree. Of course, I highly suspect you'll be averse to agreeing even
with that, but to disagree to disagree presents an obvious dilemma. On
the brighter side, though, some women seem to handle it perfectly.

Yes, you are right. I don't agree with this at all. You make it
sound as if you have some feint idea what I am talking about but
disagree. Which is not at all the case.
Btw, I re-saw "LA Confidental" a couple weeks ago, and there's no
question about it: I could kick Bud White's ass from here to New
Zealand. He may be enthusiastic, but size counts.

You mean like the big guy that came lumbering out of the xmas lit
house towards the beginning of the film? Don't make the silly
mistake of confusing Officer White with some NZ actor. That could
be a very costly mistake for you boyo...

Neredbojias

Yes, you are right. I don't agree with this at all. You make it
sound as if you have some feint idea what I am talking about but
disagree. Which is not at all the case.

Oh, so it'd be better if I really did have no idea at all of what you're
talking about but agreed wholeheartedly? Geesh! Btw, don't you know how
to spell "faint"?
You mean like the big guy that came lumbering out of the xmas lit
house towards the beginning of the film? Don't make the silly
mistake of confusing Officer White with some NZ actor. That could
be a very costly mistake for you boyo...

Don't worry, most of my mistakes are made in over-estimating the other sex,
girly.

dorayme

Neredbojias said:
Oh, so it'd be better if I really did have no idea at all of what you're
talking about but agreed wholeheartedly? Geesh! Btw, don't you know how
to spell "faint"?

You reason like I imagine Daffy Duck would. Let me explain. There
is Aristotle... and then there is Daffy Duck.

What would be better than not knowing what I am talking about
would be you do know and disagree. You left this one out. So
don't you be going around geeshing me, Boji. <g>

Joel Shepherd

dorayme said:
You reason like I imagine Daffy Duck would. Let me explain. There
is Aristotle... and then there is Daffy Duck.

Whatever drugs you're on ... I want some.

(Said, of course, with the greatest respect, courtesy, and not a little
pleading.)

dorayme

Joel Shepherd said:
Whatever drugs you're on ... I want some.

(Said, of course, with the greatest respect, courtesy, and not a little
pleading.)

OK Joel, you are going to be way disappointed:

With dinner, have one glass of wine. If it is good wine, and you
can relax, be a devil and have two.

If you feel like a beer before dinner now and then, have one, not
more than a small bottle (called a stubby - from 323 to about
390gm). If you do, don't have more than a glass of wine with
dinner. If you are in a wild celebratory mood, you can even go
for a small brandy after dinner.

If you do more than this, you will end up like Daffy. Another
thing, Joel. Don't even think of having any alcohol if you fall
pregnant.

Which reminds me of a joke:

Doctor: "You're pregnant". Patient: "Hoy! How can a man be
pregnant?" Doctor: "Oh... in the usual way: dinner, low lights,
some wine, soft music..."

Neredbojias

You reason like I imagine Daffy Duck would. Let me explain. There
is Aristotle... and then there is Daffy Duck.

Well, in my younger days, my peers used to call me "quite a qwafty
quacker"...
What would be better than not knowing what I am talking about
would be you do know and disagree. You left this one out. So
don't you be going around geeshing me, Boji. <g>

I left it out??!?!?!! What on earth do you think the comparison was to??
Oh, sorry, what on Mars do you think...

You leave me no choice but to conclude that the problem here is failure to
communicate. This is a bit perplexing because women are traditionally
considered such great yappers. Of course it's clear that yapping and
communicating are not quite the same thing, but individuals who seem
oblivious to the difference really do humanity a serious disservice.

Ben C

On 2007-05-10 said:
You leave me no choice but to conclude that the problem here is failure to
communicate. This is a bit perplexing because women are traditionally
considered such great yappers. Of course it's clear that yapping and
communicating are not quite the same thing, but individuals who seem
oblivious to the difference really do humanity a serious disservice.

I didn't know you were a woman, but there's no need to be so hard on
yourself.

dorayme

Neredbojias said:
On Wed, 09 May 2007 21:45:03 GMT dorayme scribed:

I left it out??!?!?!! What on earth do you think the comparison was to??

out, come back here and I will help you out. On this occasion, no
need for a url.