  1. Hi!
    Can u please explain me what is a pseudo code?
    Thanks...
    corejavagroups, Oct 26, 2005

  2. corejavagroups

    Guest

    Pseudocode is a generic way of describing an algorithm using the
    conventions of programming languages, without using language-specific
    syntax.

    >> To explain the functional flow of the perticular application
    >> Does not actually use the syntax of any particular language
    >> No systematic standards to maintain
    >> Flowcharts can be thought of as a graphical form of pseudocode.

    regards
    Saurabh Chakote
    , Oct 26, 2005

  3. corejavagroups

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 25 Oct 2005 22:17:16 -0700, "corejavagroups"
    <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
    someone who said :

    >Can u please explain me what is a pseudo code?

    An outline of a computer program without much detail. It often
    sufficient to give to an experienced programmer to turn into code
    without any other help.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Oct 26, 2005
  4. > An outline of a computer program without much detail. It often
    > sufficient to give to an experienced programmer to turn into code
    > without any other help.

    an example would be (note that I am most fluent in PHP and use this,
    but it doesn't really matter)

    set $file to uploaded file
    copy each line into an item in an array
    with each line in the array
    extract certain info
    put the info into a database
    etc...

    <opinion type="personal" correct="true">
    I have found that when you first start working on code, if create the
    entire application in pseudo-code before you start working on any real
    code, you have multiple benifits.
    1. You can see where you can streamline (ie move something into a
    function/method)
    2. You can get a better idea of how you are going to do something, and
    waste less time if you find you cannot.
    3. Pseudo-code makes good comment documentation, with a little cleanup.

    IMHO every app should begin in pseudo-code.
    </opinion>
    Joshie Surber, Oct 26, 2005
  5. > An outline of a computer program without much detail. It often

    Joshie Surber, Oct 26, 2005