What is a website-analyzer?

Luigi Donatello Asero

What is a website-analyzer like this
0x5358c79a.arcnxx21.adsl-dhcp.tele.dk ?
A kind of robot?

Jim Moe

Luigi said:
What is a website-analyzer like this
0x5358c79a.arcnxx21.adsl-dhcp.tele.dk ?
A kind of robot?
With an address like that it is more likely a probe testing for
weaknesses in your server or browser.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Jim Moe said:
With an address like that it is more likely a probe testing for
weaknesses in your server or browser.

Thank you for your answer.
In this case one might wonder why this adress wanted to test a possible
weakness in my server or browser......

Luigi Donatello Asero

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
Thank you for your answer.
In this case one might wonder why this adress wanted to test a possible
weakness in my server or browser......

A hacker?
And why did he or she want to try and test a possible weakness?

Jim Moe

The usual reason is to hijack it for their own nefarious reasons, for
instance to send you and 10 million of your friends some spam.

PeterMcC

Luigi Donatello Asero wrote in
A hacker?
And why did he or she want to try and test a possible weakness?

Perhaps the https: attracts them by making them think that there's something
particularly valuable or sensitive on the site.

Luigi Donatello Asero

PeterMcC said:
Luigi Donatello Asero wrote in

Perhaps the https: attracts them by making them think that there's something
particularly valuable or sensitive on the site.

I do not think so. As far as I remember I was attacked
before as well...(virus and the like)
Perhaps some do not like that my website has a good ranking on search
engines...
or perhaps there are some people who do not like what I write on NGs

Neredbojias

To further the education of mankind, "Luigi Donatello Asero"
I do not think so. As far as I remember I was attacked
before as well...(virus and the like)
Perhaps some do not like that my website has a good ranking on search
engines...

That sounds improbable.
or perhaps there are some people who do not like what I write on NGs

Now that's more believable. Nevertheless, it would be a rare person able
to develop such malice from your innocuous postings although I suppose
aggravation could be a contributing factor.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Neredbojias said:
To further the education of mankind, "Luigi Donatello Asero"

That sounds improbable.

Do you find it improbable that some do not like it?
Now that's more believable. Nevertheless, it would be a rare person able
to develop such malice from your innocuous postings although I suppose
aggravation could be a contributing factor.

What do you mean by "aggravation"?
Of course I did not only refer to my posting to html but even to other NGs

Mimic

Luigi said:
What is a website-analyzer like this
0x5358c79a.arcnxx21.adsl-dhcp.tele.dk ?
A kind of robot?

Its just a host, many ISPs use "random" host names...

c-71-197-9-195.hsd1.va.comcast.net
82-39-81-35.cable.ubr03.jarr.blueyonder.co.uk

you should be more interested in the URI's that are being attempted.

--
Mimic

"I'd rather reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven".

[email: ZGF0YWZsZXhAY2FubmFiaXNtYWlsLmNvbQ==]
Help Stop Spam - www.hidemyemail.net

"I have come to realise that, only in death, will I find true perfection."

Luigi Donatello Asero

Mimic said:
Its just a host, many ISPs use "random" host names...

c-71-197-9-195.hsd1.va.comcast.net
82-39-81-35.cable.ubr03.jarr.blueyonder.co.uk

you should be more interested in the URI's that are being attempted.

That website-analyzer visited my site (of my one man business) more or less
continuously,
on the 1st of may, too much for a normal user, I suppose....

Neredbojias

To further the education of mankind, "Luigi Donatello Asero"
Do you find it improbable that some do not like it?
No.

What do you mean by "aggravation"?

Annoyance, frustration, and ironic despair.
Of course I did not only refer to my posting to html but even to other
NGs

Of course. But one would presume your persona is consistent.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Neredbojias said:
To further the education of mankind, "Luigi Donatello Asero"

No.

What do you find improbable?
Annoyance, frustration, and ironic despair.

Who is the subject?
Who should be annoyed in your mind?
Of course. But one would presume your persona is consistent.

But there are topics which people may be more sensible to, for example
politics.

Neredbojias

To further the education of mankind, "Luigi Donatello Asero"
"Neredbojias" <http://www.neredbojias.com/fliam.php?cat=alt.html>
skrev i meddelandet

What do you find improbable?

Women that weight over 200 lbs. and a bank account which exceeds 6
figures.
Who is the subject?
Who should be annoyed in your mind?

The peruser. It doesn't matter if the perusee is annoyed because he is
the source or cause of all the responses.
But there are topics which people may be more sensible to, for example
politics.

I don't think anyone's really sensible at all on the subject of
politics. Most of the time the debates are just word-fests with each
side trying to promote his own _personal_ point of view. It's pretty
much all talking and no listening. Not like in this newsgroup where
everyone listens politely, doesn't argue, speaks only when they have
something intelligent to say, and takes the advice proffered to fix
their stupid pages which don't amount to a dried booger on a desktop
bottom of a lesser classroom in the school of time, anyway.

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Neredbojias
Not like in this newsgroup where
everyone listens politely, doesn't argue, speaks only when they have
something intelligent to say, and takes the advice proffered to fix
their stupid pages which don't amount to a dried booger on a desktop
bottom of a lesser classroom in the school of time, anyway.

Eh? Which group's that then?

Neredbojias

To further the education of mankind, Mark Parnell
Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Neredbojias

Eh? Which group's that then?

Hmm, perhaps I have it confused with alt.apprentice.angels.
Did you sharpen your x-face?

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Neredbojias
Hmm, perhaps I have it confused with alt.apprentice.angels.
Perhaps.

Did you sharpen your x-face?

No, it's a newer picture. The other one was almost a year old.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Neredbojias said:
To further the education of mankind, "Luigi Donatello Asero"
<[email protected]> vouchsafed:
I don't think anyone's really sensible at all on the subject of
politics. Most of the time the debates are just word-fests with each
side trying to promote his own _personal_ point of view. It's pretty
much all talking and no listening. Not like in this newsgroup where
everyone listens politely, doesn't argue, speaks only when they have
something intelligent to say, and takes the advice proffered to fix
their stupid pages which don't amount to a dried booger on a desktop
bottom of a lesser classroom in the school of time, anyway.

Do you read NGs about politics?