what is an opaque_type?

?

=?gb2312?B?wNbA1rTzzOzKpg==?=

I see a declaraion in a open source software: "opaque_type( Doc );".
Then what is an opaque_type? Is it a macro?

Kai-Uwe Bux

????? said:
I see a declaraion in a open source software: "opaque_type( Doc );".
Then what is an opaque_type? Is it a macro?

Who knows: the identifier "opaque_type" is not defined by the C++ language.
Without seeing the code you have before you, nobody can tell.

Best

Kai-Uwe Bux

Greg

ä¹ä¹å¤§å¤©å¸ˆ said:
I see a declaraion in a open source software: "opaque_type( Doc );".
Then what is an opaque_type? Is it a macro?

In C and C++ an opaque type is a pointer to an incomplete type that is
never defined.

For information on the uses and benefits of opaque types see:
http://tinyurl.com/2n3mcz

Greg

Roland Pibinger

In C and C++ an opaque type is a pointer to an incomplete type

I'd agree with that definition. Sometimes also void* is described as
opaque type which is IMO misleading and should be avoided.
that is never defined.

.... that is not defined in a header file accessible to the user. It
needs to be defined somewhere.

Best regards,
Roland Pibinger