what is assemblies.reg ?

Robert Gruen [MSFT]

That is a good question, I've never seen it. Where is the file located,
when do you see it appear, etc. etc., etc.?

Thanks! Robert Gruen
Microsoft, VB.NET

--------------------
#From: "hdjim69" <[email protected]>
#Subject: what is assemblies.reg ?
#Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 10:02:21 -0400
#Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.faqs
#
#tia
#j
#
#
#

hdjim69

I found out what it it. It's just a regular .reg file that one executes to
store setting in the registry. The name assemblies is just to let a user
know it's purpose.

thanks.

John Scalco

Actually in case you are wondering, it may have been manufactured by a tool
or batch file (.bat) which was run on your system that invoked a command
line tool called regasm

using regasm /regfile my_assembly.dll
will yield a .reg file named my_assembly.reg

just a few 'cents' there.

hope it helps,
sincerely,