What is best for web application development??

ketulp_baroda

i am developing a web application and i am really confused on what
should i use.
should i use just python and use the cgi module availabe.
Or should i use application like WebWare.Also there is PSP available.
I am really confused and need help

Dave Kuhlman

ketulp_baroda said:
i am developing a web application and i am really confused on what
should i use.
should i use just python and use the cgi module availabe.
Or should i use application like WebWare.Also there is PSP
available. I am really confused and need help

There are a number of Python web frameworks, for example, Quixote,
which is well supported, Zope, which is huge, and Twisted, which
is ingenious, cutting edge, and avant-garde.

See the following for more information:

http://www.python.org/sigs/web-sig/

And, the following provides information that will enable you to
compare your options:

http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/WebProgramming

You may also want to join the web-sig email list and ask your
question there.

But, no matter what you do, the answer is: It depends.

Dave

John J. Lee

Dave Kuhlman said:
ketulp_baroda said:
i am developing a web application and i am really confused on what
should i use.
[...]
You may also want to join the web-sig email list and ask your
question there.

Or not: that list is supposed to be for discussion of what new
web-related code should go into the standard library, not for
questions about choosing a web framework.

John