what is best for web development??

ketulp_baroda

i am developing an issue tracking system
the primary requirements are
1)it should be platform independent which i think python will take
care of
2)it should have customizeable gui .I am thinking of using templates
for this like Cheetah. Is there any other better solution to Cheetah?
The problem i am facing here is i dont know what to use for
development of the application. I came across many ways to develop
web application in python which I already specified like
i)the cgi module in python
ii)Python Server Pages
iii)Quixote
iv)WebWare
v)Zope etc.
I want to choose such an environment so that i dont have to install
other softwares to run my application.For eg. I think if I develop
using zope then the client also has to install zope to run my
software and i dont want this.

Remi Delon

[...]

If you want something that meets your requirement and is very easy to
deploy, you can try CherryPy ...
It will generate a single executable containing everything that's needed to
run the site (including its own HTTP server).
Then all you need to install on the deployment machine is Python.
Actually, you can also freeze the script generated by CherryPy (with py2exe
for instance) and then Python isn't even required anymore ...

Remi. (e-mail address removed)-hosting.com

Thomas Guettler

Am Mon, 12 Jan 2004 11:44:56 +0000 schrieb ketulp_baroda:
[...]

That's not true. Zope send HTML over HTTP to
your client. You can use it with any webbrowser.

I like Quixote, but don't use the forms library
or the template language. I prefere python:

def foo(self, request):
ret=[]
ret.append(self.header())
ret.append(