    Hi,

    I'd like to know what is C99 and what's the difference between it and
    the standard C?

    doodoosy, Sep 4, 2005

  2. On 2005-09-04 11:46:10 -0400, "doodoosy" <> said:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'd like to know what is C99 and what's the difference between it and
    > the standard C?

    The C standard is often refered to as CXX, where XX is the year in
    which it was adopted. So, C99, is just the nickname for the latest
    version of the standard.

    --
    Clark S. Cox, III

    Clark S. Cox III, Sep 4, 2005

  3. doodoosy

    doodoosy Guest

    So, what's the new features of this standard, or can you tell me a site
    with this information?
    Thanks

    doodoosy, Sep 4, 2005
  4. doodoosy wrote:
    > So, what's the new features of this standard, or can you tell me a site
    > with this information?
    > Thanks

    http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/www/newinc9x.htm provides a
    summary of new features.

    http://home.tiscalinet.ch/t_wolf/tw/c/c9x_changes.html provides more
    details about the changes.

    C: A Reference Manual (a book not available for free) details all the
    features of the language and library and does a good job of explaining
    the differences between traditional C and the various Standards.

    Of course you could also obtain copies of C89 and C99 and compare them
    yourself ;)

    Robert Gamble

    Robert Gamble, Sep 4, 2005