    So i open an url in IE6.0 and there is no img-s on main page. when i
    add /index.html then it's allright.

    Don't understand what could be the cause of this problem.??

    shajnday, Aug 3, 2010

  2. shajnday

    MG Guest

    "shajnday" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi!ALL!
    >
    > not seeing imgs on URL of the page.
    > firefox and opera new versions are ouki-douki.

    > So i open an url in IE6.0 and there is no img-s on main page. when i
    > add /index.html then it's allright.
    >
    > Don't understand what could be the cause of this problem.??

    I don't understand what the problem is!

    Could you give us a link to the page so that we can have a look.

    MG
    MG, Aug 3, 2010

  3. shajnday

    dorayme Guest

    In article <i38irm$jhr$-september.org>,
    "MG" <> wrote:

    > "shajnday" <> wrote in message

    > > So i open an url in IE6.0 and there is no img-s on main page. when i
    > > add /index.html then it's allright.

    Add /index.html

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Aug 3, 2010
  4. shajnday

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 03 Aug 2010, shajnday <> wrote:

    > Hi!ALL!
    >
    > not seeing imgs on URL of the page.
    > firefox and opera new versions are ouki-douki.

    > So i open an url in IE6.0 and there is no img-s on main page. when i
    > add /index.html then it's allright.
    >
    > Don't understand what could be the cause of this problem.??

    Me, neither, but it reminds me of the time I lost the pictures of my
    sister's wedding. Was she pissed!

    --
    Neredbojias

    http://www.neredbojias.org/
    http://www.neredbojias.net/
    Neredbojias, Aug 3, 2010
  5. shajnday

    shajnday Guest

    On 3 kol, 10:09, "MG" <> wrote:
    > "shajnday" <> wrote in message

    > > Hi!ALL!

    > > not seeing imgs on URL of the  page.
    > > firefox and opera new versions are ouki-douki.

    > > So i open an url in IE6.0 and there is no img-s on main page. when i
    > > add /index.html then it's allright.

    > > Don't understand what could be the cause of this problem.??

    > I don't understand what the problem is!
    >
    > Could you give us a link to the page so that we can have a look.
    >
    > MG

    I have sent you an email, but your nospam no-work!
    contact me on e-mail for url.

    Thanks!
    shajnday, Aug 3, 2010
  6. shajnday

    shajnday Guest

    On 3 kol, 10:19, dorayme <> wrote:
    > In article <i38irm$-september.org>,
    >
    >  "MG" <> wrote:
    >
    > > "shajnday" <> wrote in message
    > > > So i open an url in IE6.0 and there is no img-s on main page. when i
    > > > add /index.html then it's allright.

    > Add /index.html
    >
    > --
    > dorayme

    how the .... would i add a /index.html ?

    if i give someone an url www.blabla.org, and then he opens it, it will
    be without images in ie6.0, ok, truth, i could send someone
    www.blabla.org/index.html, but when typing in adress bar everybody is
    typing just the main URL.

    so, something is ...
    shajnday, Aug 3, 2010
  7. On 03/08/10 11:35, shajnday wrote:

    > if i give someone an url www.blabla.org, and then he opens it, it will
    > be without images in ie6.0, ok, truth, i could send someone
    > www.blabla.org/index.html, but when typing in adress bar everybody is
    > typing just the main URL.

    I suspect it's because whatever is serving content at
    http://www.blabla.org/ seems to use whatever is typed after the / as a
    search term.

    Rgds

    Denis McMahon
    Denis McMahon, Aug 3, 2010
  8. shajnday

    shajnday Guest

    On 3 kol, 14:56, Denis McMahon <>
    wrote:
    > On 03/08/10 11:35, shajnday wrote:
    >
    > > if i give someone an urlwww.blabla.org, and then he opens it, it will
    > > be without images in ie6.0, ok, truth, i could send someone
    > >www.blabla.org/index.html, but when typing in adress bar everybody is
    > > typing just the main URL.

    > I suspect it's because whatever is serving content athttp://www.blabla.org/seems to use whatever is typed after the / as a
    > search term.
    >
    > Rgds
    >
    > Denis McMahon

    i'm hosting site on 110MB, any suggests ?

    Is it something on what i can affect or is it a "bug"- on the other
    side at hosting ?
    shajnday, Aug 3, 2010
  9. shajnday

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 03 Aug 2010, Denis McMahon <> wrote:

    > On 03/08/10 11:35, shajnday wrote:
    >
    >> if i give someone an url www.blabla.org, and then he opens it, it
    >> will be without images in ie6.0, ok, truth, i could send someone
    >> www.blabla.org/index.html, but when typing in adress bar everybody
    >> is typing just the main URL.

    > I suspect it's because whatever is serving content at
    > http://www.blabla.org/ seems to use whatever is typed after the / as
    > a search term.
    >
    > Rgds
    >
    > Denis McMahon

    Hmm, good one, but I think the most likely cause of this jamoke's
    problem is something a bit more basic. If you deigned to make a guess,
    what would you guess?

    --
    Neredbojias

    http://www.neredbojias.org/
    http://www.neredbojias.net/
    Neredbojias, Aug 3, 2010
  10. On 03/08/10 19:52, Neredbojias wrote:
    > On 03 Aug 2010, Denis McMahon <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 03/08/10 11:35, shajnday wrote:
    >>
    >>> if i give someone an url www.blabla.org, and then he opens it, it
    >>> will be without images in ie6.0, ok, truth, i could send someone
    >>> www.blabla.org/index.html, but when typing in adress bar everybody
    >>> is typing just the main URL.

    >> I suspect it's because whatever is serving content at
    >> http://www.blabla.org/ seems to use whatever is typed after the / as
    >> a search term.

    > Hmm, good one, but I think the most likely cause of this jamoke's
    > problem is something a bit more basic. If you deigned to make a guess,
    > what would you guess?

    I have NFI - too much javascript to trawl through for me to be arsed to
    try and solve it.

    If he can produce a simpler page which demonstrates the problem, then
    maybe I'll look at it.

    Rgds

    Denis McMahon
    Denis McMahon, Aug 3, 2010
  11. shajnday

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 03 Aug 2010, Denis McMahon <> wrote:

    > On 03/08/10 19:52, Neredbojias wrote:
    >> On 03 Aug 2010, Denis McMahon <>
    >> wrote:

    >>> I suspect it's because whatever is serving content at
    >>> http://www.blabla.org/ seems to use whatever is typed after the /
    >>> as a search term.

    >> Hmm, good one, but I think the most likely cause of this jamoke's
    >> problem is something a bit more basic. If you deigned to make a
    >> guess, what would you guess?

    > I have NFI - too much javascript to trawl through for me to be arsed
    > to try and solve it.
    >
    > If he can produce a simpler page which demonstrates the problem, then
    > maybe I'll look at it.

    Hmm, there're a couple of issues here. I assumed "blabla.org" was just
    a make-up name (-like "example.com") from a later response (-to you, I
    think) by the OP regarding emailing a url. However, it might be the
    "real" url, who knows?, although if it is, it's up for sale (-which
    makes me believe even more that it was a placebo.) Anyway, what I was
    getting at is that it's possible for another default page to be on the
    server, one taking precedence over "index.html" OR there's a proxy or
    cache anomoly involved.

    --
    Neredbojias

    http://www.neredbojias.org/
    http://www.neredbojias.net/
    Neredbojias, Aug 4, 2010
  12. On 04/08/10 05:51, Neredbojias wrote:

    >> If he can produce a simpler page which demonstrates the problem, then
    >> maybe I'll look at it.

    > Hmm, there're a couple of issues here. I assumed "blabla.org" was just
    > a make-up name (-like "example.com") from a later response (-to you, I
    > think)

    Yeah, the op sent me an email, although I think the reply you refer to
    was aimed at someone else?

    Standard advice applies, though, fix the html validation errors:

    http://validator.w3.org/

    Looking at the reports from the validator and your page source:

    a) You have an extra closing tag after the "navy" class of div.
    b) You haven't enclosed all of your font element attribute values in quotes.
    c) Elements can not overlap. You can not do this:
    d) You have an anchor element between the closing "</body>" and
    "</html>" tags - content is not allowed in this area.

    I don't know if these are enough to break the ie6 xhtml rendering enough
    to lose your images or not.

    You could temporarily disable the css (put comment tags round the
    stylesheet link in the header thus: <!-- <link rel="stylesheet"
    type="text/css" href="stil.css" /> -->) and see if that solves the
    issue. If your images then display in ie6, the issue is a css one.

    You may wish to look up "quirks mode" and see if using one of various
    methods to force ie6 into quirks helps.

    Rgds

    Denis McMahon
    Denis McMahon, Aug 4, 2010
  13. shajnday

    shajnday Guest

    On 4 kol, 15:14, Denis McMahon <>
    wrote:
    > On 04/08/10 05:51, Neredbojias wrote:
    >
    > >> If he can produce a simpler page which demonstrates the problem, then
    > >> maybe I'll look at it.

    > > Hmm, there're a couple of issues here.  I assumed "blabla.org" was just
    > > a make-up name (-like "example.com") from a later response (-to you, I
    > > think)

    > Yeah, the op sent me an email, although I think the reply you refer to
    > was aimed at someone else?
    >
    > Standard advice applies, though, fix the html validation errors:
    >
    > http://validator.w3.org/
    >
    > Looking at the reports from the validator and your page source:
    >
    > a) You have an extra closing tag after the "navy" class of div.
    > b) You haven't enclosed all of your font element attribute values in quotes.
    > c) Elements can not overlap. You can not do this:
    > d) You have an anchor element between the closing "</body>" and
    > "</html>" tags - content is not allowed in this area.
    >
    > I don't know if these are enough to break the ie6 xhtml rendering enough
    > to lose your images or not.
    >
    > You could temporarily disable the css (put comment tags round the
    > stylesheet link in the header thus: <!-- <link rel="stylesheet"
    > type="text/css" href="stil.css" /> -->) and see if that solves the
    > issue. If your images then display in ie6, the issue is a css one.
    >
    > You may wish to look up "quirks mode" and see if using one of various
    > methods to force ie6 into quirks helps.
    >
    > Rgds
    >
    > Denis McMahon

    much appreciated.
    I know i didn't validated HTML, waiting for someone to do it
    instead ;)

    Just didn't had a plenty of time on my hands so i did what i could...

    i'll do the check and will inform you here what happened after css
    option and html corrections.

    thanks for that validating
    shajnday, Aug 4, 2010
  14. On 04/08/10 14:27, shajnday wrote:

    > much appreciated.
    > I know i didn't validated HTML, waiting for someone to do it
    > instead ;)

    Sorry, but that just makes you a sloppy, lazy, incompetent .....

    > Just didn't had a plenty of time on my hands so i did what i could...

    You could probably have done the validation faster than posting here. No
    excuse.

    Rgds

    Denis McMahon
    Denis McMahon, Aug 4, 2010
  15. shajnday

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 04 Aug 2010, Denis McMahon <> wrote:

    > On 04/08/10 05:51, Neredbojias wrote:
    >
    >>> If he can produce a simpler page which demonstrates the problem,
    >>> then maybe I'll look at it.

    >> Hmm, there're a couple of issues here. I assumed "blabla.org" was
    >> just a make-up name (-like "example.com") from a later response (-to
    >> you, I think)

    > Yeah, the op sent me an email, although I think the reply you refer
    > to was aimed at someone else?
    >
    > Standard advice applies, though, fix the html validation errors:

    Yeah, my "hunch" was baloney 'cause I made a dumb mistake in logic and
    I think your advice below is the solution to the problem. For some
    reason or other, ie6 cuts off images due to one or more of the errors.

    > http://validator.w3.org/
    >
    > Looking at the reports from the validator and your page source:
    >
    > a) You have an extra closing tag after the "navy" class of div.
    > b) You haven't enclosed all of your font element attribute values in
    > quotes. c) Elements can not overlap. You can not do this:
    > d) You have an anchor element between the closing "</body>" and
    > "</html>" tags - content is not allowed in this area.
    >
    > I don't know if these are enough to break the ie6 xhtml rendering
    > enough to lose your images or not.

    Hopefully the OP will report when he fixes it.

    --
    Neredbojias

    http://www.neredbojias.org/
    http://www.neredbojias.net/
    Neredbojias, Aug 5, 2010
  16. shajnday

    shajnday Guest

    On 5 kol, 05:58, Neredbojias <> wrote:

    > >> Hmm, there're a couple of issues here.  I assumed "blabla.org" was
    > >> just a make-up name (-like "example.com") from a later response (-to
    > >> you, I think)

    > > Yeah, the op sent me an email, although I think the reply you refer
    > > to was aimed at someone else?

    > > Standard advice applies, though, fix the html validation errors:

    > Yeah, my "hunch" was baloney 'cause I made a dumb mistake in logic and
    > I think your advice below is the solution to the problem.  For some
    > reason or other, ie6 cuts off images due to one or more of the errors.
    >
    > >http://validator.w3.org/

    > > Looking at the reports from the validator and your page source:

    > > a) You have an extra closing tag after the "navy" class of div.
    > > b) You haven't enclosed all of your font element attribute values in
    > > quotes. c) Elements can not overlap. You can not do this:
    > > d) You have an anchor element between the closing "</body>" and
    > > "</html>" tags - content is not allowed in this area.

    > > I don't know if these are enough to break the ie6 xhtml rendering
    > > enough to lose your images or not.

    > Hopefully the OP will report when he fixes it.
    >
    > --
    > Neredbojias
    >
    > http://www.neredbojias.org/http://www.neredbojias.net/

    I just looked back on the page after HTML corrections HTML and CSS
    sucess validation, and after several times the problem with img is
    still persitent.
    so both HTML and CSS are validated and still i have that problem in
    IE6.0.

    Also after deleting .css file from folder the problem is persisting.

    What to do else, what kind of bug could it be ?

    thanks for previous suggestions.
    shajnday, Aug 7, 2010
  17. shajnday

    shajnday Guest

    On 7 kol, 12:55, shajnday <> wrote:
    > On 5 kol, 05:58, Neredbojias <> wrote:

    > > > Yeah, the op sent me an email, although I think the reply you refer
    > > > to was aimed at someone else?

    > > > Standard advice applies, though, fix the html validation errors:

    > > Yeah, my "hunch" was baloney 'cause I made a dumb mistake in logic and
    > > I think your advice below is the solution to the problem.  For some
    > > reason or other, ie6 cuts off images due to one or more of the errors.

    > > >http://validator.w3.org/

    > > > Looking at the reports from the validator and your page source:

    > > > a) You have an extra closing tag after the "navy" class of div.
    > > > b) You haven't enclosed all of your font element attribute values in
    > > > quotes. c) Elements can not overlap. You can not do this:
    > > > d) You have an anchor element between the closing "</body>" and
    > > > "</html>" tags - content is not allowed in this area.

    > > > I don't know if these are enough to break the ie6 xhtml rendering
    > > > enough to lose your images or not.

    > > Hopefully the OP will report when he fixes it.

    > > --
    > > Neredbojias

    > >http://www.neredbojias.org/http://www.neredbojias.net/

    > I just looked back on the page after HTML corrections HTML and CSS
    > sucess validation, and after several times the problem with img is
    > still persitent.
    > so both HTML and CSS are validated and still i have that problem in
    > IE6.0.
    >
    > Also after deleting .css file from folder the problem is persisting.
    >
    > What to do else, what kind of bug could it be ?
    >
    > thanks for previous suggestions.- Sakrij citirani tekst -
    >
    > - Prika¾i citirani tekst -

    It seens like it sometimes it works when typed into adress bar and
    then sometimes it doesn't work.

    it leaves me very doubtful.
    shajnday, Aug 7, 2010
  18. shajnday

    shajnday Guest

    On 7 kol, 15:03, shajnday <> wrote:
    > On 7 kol, 12:55, shajnday <> wrote:

    > > > Yeah, my "hunch" was baloney 'cause I made a dumb mistake in logic and
    > > > I think your advice below is the solution to the problem. For some
    > > > reason or other, ie6 cuts off images due to one or more of the errors..

    > > > Hopefully the OP will report when he fixes it.

    > > > --
    > > > Neredbojias

    > > >http://www.neredbojias.org/http://www.neredbojias.net/

    > > I just looked back on the page after HTML corrections HTML and CSS
    > > sucess validation, and after several times the problem with img is
    > > still persitent.
    > > so both HTML and CSS are validated and still i have that problem in
    > > IE6.0.

    > > Also after deleting .css file from folder the problem is persisting.

    > > What to do else, what kind of bug could it be ?

    > > thanks for previous suggestions.- Sakrij citirani tekst -

    > > - Prika 3/4 i citirani tekst -

    > It seens like it sometimes it works when typed into adress bar and
    > then sometimes it doesn't work.
    >
    > it leaves me very doubtful.- Sakrij citirani tekst -
    >
    > - Prika¾i citirani tekst -

    moreover it's a very ridiculous situation considering that every
    browser is showing different position of the starting animated .gif.
    I wanted to say that it was well enough to watch in opera, firefox(i
    have new versions, but i suppose that it works in older ones also),
    and in IE 6.0 which i find a great browser.
    But today i have installed IE8.0 and looked at the here mentioned
    webpage and the .gif was on the different position than in other above
    mentioned browsers.

    What now to do considering that?
    (i certaintly will continue to work on IE6.0 me myself)

    thanks for reading me out.
    shajnday, Aug 7, 2010
  19. shajnday wrote:
    > moreover it's a very ridiculous situation considering that every
    > browser is showing different position of the starting animated .gif.
    > I wanted to say that it was well enough to watch in opera, firefox(i
    > have new versions, but i suppose that it works in older ones also),
    > and in IE 6.0 which i find a great browser.
    > But today i have installed IE8.0 and looked at the here mentioned
    > webpage and the .gif was on the different position than in other above
    > mentioned browsers.

    If you markup is borked, how a browsers tries to make sense of it is a
    crapshoot.

    > What now to do considering that?

    Since *you* are the only one to see *this* problem page, I guess you are
    on your own. Did you ever post an actually URL to this page?

    > (i certaintly will continue to work on IE6.0 me myself)

    Have fun, IE6.0 is certainly the odd-man-out. Less than 3% on my web
    site stats.

    > thanks for reading me out.

    Not sure anything stuck.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Aug 7, 2010
  20. shajnday

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 07 Aug 2010, shajnday <> wrote:

    > moreover it's a very ridiculous situation considering that every
    > browser is showing different position of the starting animated .gif.
    > I wanted to say that it was well enough to watch in opera, firefox(i
    > have new versions, but i suppose that it works in older ones also),
    > and in IE 6.0 which i find a great browser.
    > But today i have installed IE8.0 and looked at the here mentioned
    > webpage and the .gif was on the different position than in other
    > above mentioned browsers.
    >
    > What now to do considering that?
    > (i certaintly will continue to work on IE6.0 me myself)

    Remove the <style> tags your stylesheet. Remote stylesheets don't need
    them.

    You are using a lot of negative margins in your styles. I know from
    experience that ie6 screws-up negative margins in certain cases. Also,
    you have "position : inherit;" somewhere. Ie6 doesn't understand
    "inherit".

    Anyway, my best advice is to forget what ie6 does or doesn't do and get
    rid of it yourself. It didn't really work right in its heyday and it
    certainly won't work right now that many advanced methods and
    techniques have been discovered and formulated. Newer browsers do,
    indeed, have their own problems but trying to "surf in the past" is a
    lose-lose situation.

    --
    Neredbojias

    http://www.neredbojias.org/