What is IIS(ASP) user Name, over the network,.... it is not IUSR_.

Guest

On web server IIS,
What is the User Name(Identity) of the webserver,
that is trying to access a network directory on the local Intranet?
for certain process while an ASP page is running.

i.e, If you say it is IUSR_machine,... It is not.
Becuase IUSR_Machine is locally defined on the Server and not part of the
Dmoain user.

So how Can I determin the Identity of the webserver user?

When I wnt it to access another manine on the netowork.

Thanks

Scott Allen

What version of Windows? Typically the ASPNET account is used on XP
and 2000, but being a local account it won't get very far on the
network. If you are on Windows 2003 then the asp.net worker process
runs under the NETWORK SERVICE account, and on a domain the remote
machine will see the machine account (MACHINENAME$) appear as trying
to access the computer.

Guest

For Win2003,

How this Account ASP.NET can be part of ActiveDirectory Domains.
So as to garant it an access over the network.? while running an ASP page.