    can anybody help me in understanding
    how much memory is allocate to java program
    by jvm

    sam, Oct 3, 2005

  2. sam wrote:

    > can anybody help me in understanding
    > how much memory is allocate to java program
    > by jvm

    64 Meg, unless you use options at start-up
    to give it more.

    Andrew Thompson, Oct 3, 2005

  3. sam

    Rationem Guest

    Re: what is jvm

    Memory is allocated dynamically. Many JVM start with a small amount and
    request more as required.

    The exact choice is implementation specific.

    You can set these values via -mx [num] and -ms [num] arguments where
    num is a number followed by k (kilobytes), m (megabytes), or g
    (gigabytes).

    Rationem, Oct 4, 2005