what is Maximum Number of files supported in ASP.Net project and project folder

Optimize ASP.Net

Hi,

We are in process of developing an application which would contain thousands
of pages using Visual Studio .Net 2003, So I would like to ask that

1. How many files are supported in asp.net project?
2. How many files an asp.net folder may contain?
3. What are the maximum number of files in a folder to get the optimum
result?

Regards
Zulfiqar

Scott Allen

In regards to #2 and #3 the answer is the usual : "it depends". You
really have to take measurements based on your application and the
code it uses, because someone else's application will behave
differently.

One point to be aware of is that ASP.NET 1.1 will batch compile ASPX
pages in a directory during the first request (with release settings)
- which can add to the startup time for your application.

Some people might want *everything* to compile on that first request,
making just the first request slow. Others may want to amortize the
cost of parsing and compiling ASPX over several requests. It all
depends on your app and requirements.