    result?

    Regards
    Zulfiqar

    Optimize ASP.Net, May 6, 2005

  2. Optimize ASP.Net

    Scott Allen Guest

    In regards to #2 and #3 the answer is the usual : "it depends". You
    really have to take measurements based on your application and the
    code it uses, because someone else's application will behave
    differently.

    One point to be aware of is that ASP.NET 1.1 will batch compile ASPX
    pages in a directory during the first request (with release settings)
    - which can add to the startup time for your application.

    Some people might want *everything* to compile on that first request,
    making just the first request slow. Others may want to amortize the
    cost of parsing and compiling ASPX over several requests. It all
    depends on your app and requirements.

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/