    Once if we get into ERP what are its apportunities and what abt the
    future career.
    , Feb 1, 2007

  2. On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 03:32:13 -0800,
    <> wrote:

    > Once if we get into ERP what are its apportunities and what abt the
    > future career.

    Which definition do you think best applies?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ERP

    It doesn't seem to be related to Java. Is it possible you meant some
    other acronym?

    --
    Randolf Richardson -
    The Lumber Cartel, local 42 (Canadian branch)
    Randolf Richardson, Feb 2, 2007

  3. Lew Guest

    Randolf Richardson wrote:
    > Which definition do you think best applies?
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ERP
    >
    > It doesn't seem to be related to Java. Is it possible you meant
    > some other acronym?

    I interpret the question to refer to
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enterprise_resource_planning>

    Insofar as Java, particularly JEE, supports enterprise systems, and I propose
    that it does, it is relevant to talk of this ERP.

    To the OP: ERP, like most buzzwords and acronyms in the world of "enterprise"
    anything, is a somewhat fuzzy concept, and has more to do with business needs
    than software per se. At this level people are very seriously watching rerturn
    on investment, and want very good insight into global business processes.

    Enterprise architectures choreograph ombinations of more or less "pure" Java
    with things like portals and servlets and EJBs, with broader service
    architectures, like BPEL (Business Process Execution Language,
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BPEL>), big datastores and unified LDAP registries,

    Since enterprise systems such as ERP systems touch on so many facets of the
    enterprise, there are many niches for career placement. One can be part of a
    software development team implementing one portal project, or an architect
    guiding the whole shebang, or a vice president helping her organization to be
    more productive, or ... - it's a big field.

    - Lew
    Lew, Feb 2, 2007
  4. Lew wrote:
    > wrote:
    >>> Once if we get into ERP what are its apportunities and what abt the
    >>> future career.

    > Randolf Richardson wrote:
    >> Which definition do you think best applies?
    >>
    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ERP
    >>
    >> It doesn't seem to be related to Java. Is it possible you meant
    >> some other acronym?

    > I interpret the question to refer to
    > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enterprise_resource_planning>
    >
    > Insofar as Java, particularly JEE, supports enterprise systems, and I
    > propose that it does, it is relevant to talk of this ERP.

    I believe that the two big ERP systems Oracle Financials
    and SAP both uses Java to some extent.

    Arne
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=, Feb 2, 2007