What is module "load" that "Thread::Serialize" depends on?

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by David Karr, Apr 12, 2011.

1. David Karr

David Karr Guest

I'm on Cygwin 1.5.25 and Perl 5.10.0.

I'm trying to install "Thread::pool" version 0.33. There are a chain of unresolved dependencies for this, and I'm stuck on one of them.

Thread::pool depends on Thread::Conveyor, which depends on Thread::Serialize, which depends on "load". That last one confuses me a bit, as I'm not used to seeing module names like that. I found a "Module::Load", but I don't think that's it.

How do I resolve that dependency on "load"?

I sometimes wish Perl builds could work somewhat like Maven, where it would just automatically download and install a module's dependencies. I'm sure that would create other messes, but it sure looks like a good thing right now.

David Karr, Apr 12, 2011
    1. Advertising

2. David Karr

J. Gleixner Guest

David Karr wrote:
    > I'm on Cygwin 1.5.25 and Perl 5.10.0.
    >
    > I'm trying to install "Thread::pool" version 0.33. There are a chain of unresolved dependencies for this, and I'm stuck on one of them.
    >
    > Thread::pool depends on Thread::Conveyor, which depends on Thread::Serialize, which depends on "load". That last one confuses me a bit, as I'm not used to seeing module names like that. I found a "Module::Load", but I don't think that's it.
    >
    > How do I resolve that dependency on "load"?

By searching for it on search.cpan.org:

http://search.cpan.org/~elizabeth/load-0.20/lib/load.pm

Download.
    Install.

But, before doing that...

>
    > I sometimes wish Perl builds could work somewhat like Maven, where it would just automatically download and install a module's dependencies. I'm sure that would create other messes, but it sure looks like a good thing right now.

Your wish came true, many, many years ago.

perldoc CPAN

J. Gleixner, Apr 12, 2011
    1. Advertising