    locate a tutorial about content of a jar file...
    Many thanks
    SH1

    HS1, Nov 17, 2004

  2. HS1 wrote:
    > Hello all
    > I know that a jar file is considered as zip file. I see a Jar file that has
    > a package cache.

    Do you mean the jar index? AFAIR that one is there since Java 1.3.

    The Jar file format is documented in the JDK documentation. You did
    download the JDK documentation when you fetched the JDK, didn't you?

    /Thomas

    Thomas Weidenfeller, Nov 17, 2004

  3. On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 20:46:39 +1300, HS1 wrote:
    >Hello all
    >I know that a jar file is considered as zip file. I see a Jar file that has
    >a package cache. Could you please tell me the purpose of this "package" or
    >locate a tutorial about content of a jar file...

    JBuilder (Maker/compiler) creates a folder 'package cache' when building
    source files, I think it originates from there.
    I don't know if other make utilities do that, but it's probably from
    JBuilder.

    --
    Gerbrand van Dieijen

    Gerbrand van Dieijen, Nov 17, 2004
  4. HS1

    Ann Guest

    "HS1" <> wrote in message
    > Hello all
    > I know that a jar file is considered as zip file. I see a Jar file that

    has
    > a package cache. Could you please tell me the purpose of this "package" or
    > locate a tutorial about content of a jar file...
    > Many thanks
    > SH1

    What is a "package cache" ?

    Ann, Nov 17, 2004