    that the Ruby Language contributed to Programming in general?

    Sincerely,
    Kunjan.

    kun, Mar 24, 2009

  2. kun

    Phlip Guest

    kun wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am just learning this awesome language Ruby and entering the
    > languages field. I just wanted to know what are the new innovations
    > that the Ruby Language contributed to Programming in general?

    Almost none. What it really did is put...

    - OO
    - dynamic typing
    - block closures & iterators
    - lean hashes & aggregates
    - reflection
    - metaclasses & extension
    - exceptions & continuations

    ....all together in a system with just the slickest possible syntax. None of
    those things were glued on as afterthoughts. This allows us to exploit the most
    advanced programming techniques, typically more easily than primitive systems.

    Phlip, Mar 24, 2009

  3. kun

    Luc Heinrich Guest

    On 24 mars 09, at 15:06, Phlip wrote: